Ford five hundred sedan/Taurus

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anupam Routh

Reaction score
Greetings! Ford 500 will be renamed Taurus next year according to local Ford dealer. Does any one know there will be a station wagon model? I used to have a Ford Taurus wagon in early nineties. I ordered it with 3.8 liter engine and automatic transmission changer in the middle with central console and other goodies like luggage cover, special front seats.

Any one has Ford 500 ? What is your opinion about it? With thanks.

I have had both a 97 Sable and 99 Taurus which I considered comfortable. Thought about the 500 so I rented several 500's and although I was impressed with the ride, handling and power, it just didn't do it for me on the interior. Sat pretty high up like a truck in the seat but something didn't feel right. Can't really describe it.

Not a good review but I do suggest you at least sit in one and see how it feels to you. Or rent one and drive it for a weekend. Enterprise rents for 3 weekend days for ~$50 total. You can then drive the hell out of it before you commit yourself. As far as a station wagon...Not yet but who knows what Mulally will do.

who cares what it's calle as long as they don't screw it up. i love the 500 and hope to buy one before the change over.

The station wagon version of the Five Hundred is the Freestyle. Same engine, driveline, options, bodylines and chassis. My wife doesn't like that I call hers a station wagon, but so be it.

Dave S.

I test drove the freestyle. Wasnt impressed with the power or the CVT transmision.

I recieved a card from Ford for the test drive. Supposed to get a $50 bank card. Never got it. After making several phone calls, I was told the time had expired. I had a copy of the card that I mailed in. No experation on it. Thats ford politics for you!!

The state of GA called my '99 Explorer a station wagon.

Said so right on the registration and title.

Rodger, it has to do with gas................ a new ST and her Expi get the same gas mileage...lousey...... I think we need to downsize and I love the 500. Less money too:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsflash:

DETROIT-- Continuing its strategy of bold moves, Ford is renaming two more of its lackluster sales models, giving them names of reliable, top-sellers that drivers have known and loved.

New in 2008 the Fusion and the Focus will be renamed the Ford Corolla and Ford Accord.

it's supposed to be more powerfull as well with the new 3.5 l engine same as in the edge putting out 265 horses vs 200 as before......:cool: