ford goofed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris boyd

Reaction score
i have solved the problem to the wear of my tires and the feel of my truck always at a pull.the ford place bent the back drivers side axsle as they shipped it to the lot.when they chained and boomed it down by the rearend it bent the think..my life is mush better now..fyi

Not sure on what you are saying since you type Gary S does, but it is not Fords goof.

The driver of the truck, or the rail car company, assume responsibility of the vehicle. The person, or company, ultimatly responsible for your issue (provided I understand what you are saying) is the person(s) that signed off on the vehicle.

Tom

was not pointing my finger at anyone .just let you know just in case someone might need the info..i had a hard time finding the trouble..i've owened 14 mustangs and 1 st so i can say i'm a ford man..

Reminds me of the 1991 Lincoln Continental I used to have. Transmission went out and the flatbed driver put the J-hooks on the rear control arms and cranked the **** out of them. The car arrived at the dealership with the rear wheels quite pigeon-toed and they could barely get it off the truck and into the service dept. So in addition to a new transmission, the towing company bought me the better part of an entire new rear suspension.

Caymen said:
Not sure on what you are saying since you type Gary S does, but it is not Fords goof.

Why the personal attack?

The driver of the truck, or the rail car company, assume responsibility of the vehicle. The person, or company, ultimatly responsible for your issue (provided I understand what you are saying) is the person(s) that signed off on the vehicle.

That sounds a little apologetic towards Ford.

Regardless who is responsible, Ford goofed. I assume it was Ford's sales lot. I assume it was a Ford dealer that took delivery. I assume it was Ford transit services, or some contracted transit services for delivering the ST to the dealer lot.

Any way you look at it the buck stops at Ford.

Ford's goof is selling a defective product. Maybe they didn't damage it, but it's their goof for for selling a defective product, or their goof that they were not aware of the damage.

Successful organizations assume customer issues and issues with their product are their responsibility first and foremost, and they make it right, not shirk the issue. Recognizing that this is ultimately a Ford issue and one that Ford should take ownership of and rectify is aligned with the kind of attitude that will save Detroit...anything else is Detroit mindset circa 1975.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
tjr,

same typical tom crap. that is the best he has. pretty sad as he is in his own misrable world . :(

btw, he will make the comment and then run and hide :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone translate this...

While it may not have been a Ford employee, it would have been someone under contract by Ford, and thus is ultimately Ford's responsibility (assuming it's a new vehicle).

Latest posts