Ford Tsunami

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott r

Reaction score
Has anyone heard much about this truck? I think this thing looks AWESOME! I guess it is supposed to be released sometime this year to compete with Dodge's SRT-10, I read about it in a magazine the other day, but I hadn't ever heard anything about it up to this point.

I bet it'll be a bit more price prohibitive than even the SRT-10 too, which SUCKS!

512 horsepower

640 ft/lb of torque

wow!

Following next year's arrival of the Shelby Cobra GT500, SVT will launch the Sport Trac Adrenalin -- a sport utility truck based on the next-generation Explorer

I think I like the Tsunami over the Adrenalin.

Any how many of these concepts EVER make it too the road? let alone mass production or retail sell for consumers? Thats what i think.

7cc2c29c85d52624b835bf6170877c16.jpg

lol, the Tusnami isn't even a real concept. The picture is an obvious photoshop, as well as all the specs and atory behind this "concept". The person who did it all posted it on a web forum as an April Fools joke, and somehow, it has gained traction as an actual product and recieved press from internet based car 'magazines', as well as a few real ones..

Last edited by a moderator:
it was in this month's episode of Street Trucks Magazine. I guess it's possible that it's a fake, but it's a damn COOL fake. I think ford should wake up and make a few, I bet they'd sell. Hell, I'd LOVE to have one, but I probably wouldn't like the price tag much. haha

Considering that it's a V10, you're probably more right with meters/yards per gallon than miles per gallon. ;)

Yeah, it's a fake. It's gets credibility because the person who did it made it look and sound like a real press release, not just something that was thrown together at the last minute, some thought went into it all.

You can tell that at least the picture is fake by the six lug wheels, Super Duty's have 8 lug, and those wheels are off a Chevy no less...and with those small pictures, it's hard to tell, but in the high res pictures that are out there, you can tell the lower bumper is just the upper grille extended, and the fogs lack depth. The paint also wasn't done in the best of ways. Overall, it's not a bad Photoshop, but closer inspection with a trained eye can spot the changes.

For those interested, <a href="http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=3297&highlight=tsunami" target="top">here's</a> the prankster admitting the hoax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I hope Ford learns from it and makes something that can finally compete with the Dodge SRT-10. I think the Adrenaline will be damn fast, but I don't think it's going to be 500 horsepower V-10 fast. If Dodge actually adds the Henessey package to that too (currently, it's only an aftermarket package), Ford is in BIG trouble, that makes the SRT-10 over 800 horsepower. I saw one a while back with the Henessey package on it, he heard my supercharger and pulled over after me at a gas station to show me his truck. The burnout he did leaving the gas station was like very few I'd ever seen before. It looked like the tires were literally MELTING by the way the smoke flowed off of them. They ended up over 300 feet long (rough estimate). Even though he was smoking his tires and traction was a major issue, he still left my supercharged trac behind like it was nothing. If I could have any truck, THAT would be the one. I bet it would be a blast to drive, especially if it could actually hook up at takeoff (although a huge burnout is a helluva lot of fun too haha). I bet if they made an AWD version, it would be in the low 11 second range, or high 10s in the quarter mile. Based on around 800 horsepower and 4400 pounds, 800 horsepower would give you somewhere between 10.5-11 seconds in a quarter mile. That truck was a BEAST. Of course the truck is 60k itself, then an additional $20-30k for the Henessey package, you're looking at nearly a $100k truck, so it had BETTER be fast...or be made of gold. haha

With that amount of money you could make the Trac faster....probably and still have anuff money left over as I see it. The cost of insurance and gas alone would kill me.

They dropped the plans for the Ford Tsunami, and are working on the new Ford Katrina.

Ford executives feel the market is right for the Ford Katrina to sweep the nation like a hurricane... :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.... Could you hand me my beer, it is just out of reach... :rolleyes:

$90K?

Lessee, the trac was 28K... 90000-28000= (divide by 5, carry the 1, drop the 2, add 7 X 3.14) Okay that's like = $62000 to invest in the Trac.

Could $62000 make the Trac a 10 second truck?

hmm, for $62000, I could make a 6 second trac. ;)

It might not look much like a trac when I'm done with it, but it suuuuure would be fast! I also doubt it would be street legal. I bet it would be a blast to drive for those 6 seconds. It's pretty impressive what you can do to the trac with just $4000. I'm not sure I could even spend $62k on it, there's just not that much stuff I'd want on it. I'd shove a HUGE V8 or V10 in it, then make it a 6-speed manual, give it beefier tires/wheels and a kickass stereo system. I figure that would make me happy enough. That should easily get me into the 10s.

Latest posts