Ford website...new 2006 Explorer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad...First thing I'd do is take off the roof racks and paint that chrome grille up front. Don't care for the gold cladding either; looks like it's trying to be an Expedition.

I was reading about the new Explorer in the Louisville Courier-Journal today. The new V-8 sounds pretty sweet. Can't wait for the '07 ST.

I like it better then I thoght I would..much better then the "lost in the crowd" styling of the current Ex. Maybe all hope isn't lost for the regulat '07 ST....

hmm they spend a lot of time describing the new V8 in the Explorer, but never mention the HP ratings of the 4.0L V6... wonder if its still an anemic 205hp?

I agree TJR.

On another note, the interior looks very, very similar to the ones in the Sport Trac concept and Adrenalin too. Which actually makes a lot of sense given the Sport Trac's close relationship to the Explorer, but I was sceptical that the production interior would look just as good (or be identical for that matter).

In "Top Gun", what did 'Wolfman' say to 'Hollywood' when they were closing in on the "MiGs"? Same goes for me regarding this upcoming ST.

FlipTrac,

The interior on the Sport Trac concept was exactly the same as the new production Explorer (we used CP parts) with the exception of the seat materials (BTW, Adrenalin is the ST Concept painted Red - yes, that is right - the very same vehicle). I think I put a Sport Trac script into the airbag door on the Concept too - but that is about it.

Glad you like it :) However, I didn't design the interior...

x

I like it a lot. I've had a thing for round vents ever since I had seen them on the Envoy. But yeah, the new interior looks great all around. The armrests, the instrument panel, steering wheel....awesome! X, will the airbag script make it into production?

Latest posts