Ford Will Build Gen III Sport Trac! -April Fool's-

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookie

Reaction score
At the 2009 Nashville Auto Show, Ford unveiled the Sport Trac America production model. It is a car-based crossover SUT that will improve efficiency versus the once popular body-on-frame Explorer SUT. According to union officials at Ford's Chicago plant, the next Explorer will be produced at the Torrence Avenue assembly plant in 2011. Union officials claim that Ford promised the Sport Trac to Chicago as part of the recently reworked UAW contract.

The next Sport Trac will be built on the outgoing Taurus X platform, which also underpins the Ford Flex, Taurus and the Lincoln MKS and MKT. The Flex, MKS and MKT are all built at Ford's Oakville, Ontario plant, while the pending cancellation of the Taurus X and Mercury Sable left the recently overhauled Chicago plant twisting in the wind. Ford has officially confirmed that it will build the Sport Trac at Chicago.

Concept photoshop credit: Ed C. SFCEd

[Broken External Image]:

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth again!

Wonder what the next model of Honda Ridgeline will look like? It might be a way-hotter vehicle...

Ford needs some new designers. They already screwed up the F150, now they've set their sights on the Sport Trac! That new front end is truly ugly!

LOL This is a joke. I can almost confirm the ST is dead after 2011 from auto publications and other supplier sources.

I heard if you trade in your present ST, Ford will give you a trade-in allowance equal to whatever you initially paid for your vehicle, no matter how old or what kind of condition it is in. AND will give you a 20 year warranty on the new ST. :banana:

Well, it is kind of different and "ST" like, but I would rather it satyed close to the "original concept STA" that was floated around a few years back. You know the one they disappointed us without. OTOH, though, at least we may still have some version of the real gen 1 and gen 2 ST's. Better made than never!!!!:banana:

It does resemble the picture of the next-gen Explorer in the latest issue of Car and Driver, so I guess it's possible. Too bad it won't be a truck anymore. I like the looks of it a lot more than I do the Gen II (my apologies to Gen II owners, but I think the original was more distinctive).

Latest posts