FORDS RESPONSE TO FAULTY DOME LIGHT WIRING

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Oliver

Reaction score
Called Ford this AM and got the party line. For those interested this is in regards to a post made 20 Nov 05 (Potential Wire Short and Possible Fire Hazard 2001 Dome Light).

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center response.

"This issue is not a Ford warranty covered issue. Ford Motor Company does not assume responsibility for this issue and it is the responsibility of the owner. We appreciate your concerns and suggestions. We will forward your concerns to our engineering department blah blah blah..."

To replace the center head consol $306.00

Oh well.:wacko:

I really have enjoyed my ST, but boy Ford is making it real difficult to stay Ford.

XMark3:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even find those replacement bulbs. I thought I had a burned out one, but it was only loose against the ribbon cable. The cable has a really bad bend in it, I'm afraid it will not work one day and I'll need to rig something.

Funny you should say "Yeah, like a transmission that goes belly-up!" I've already crossed that bridge as well as the steering column/speed control bridge, and the delaminating windshield bridge, and the fuel filling valve bridge, and the OBD computer failure bridge, and the molding falling off bridge.

I still really like my ST and have repaired or replaced all of the above. With the exception of my latest woe the ST has done well. I just wish Ford would take responsibility for those items that were faulty to begin with.

XMark3;)

go to the ntsb site and file a complaint. You might get an answer. Make sure you tell them you have pictures. Ford doesnt need another recall for fires......

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cruzrtwdgt,

hadn't thought of that. It's not that I want for to take care of everything that goes wrong, just take responsibility for things that are obviously their design or engineering fault. Their cavalier attitude and quick draw response is not only insulting it does not reflect good customer relations.

It's too bad. I come from a long line of loyal Ford owners, but of past several members of my family have run into major problems with their Fords. It's a shame because things like this drive buyers away for home grown products and we and the U.S. manufactures are left wondering.:huh:

XMark3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ford's attitude towards customer service has lost me as a repeat customer.

David,

What about all the reports of Toyota and thier engines sludging up and Toyota has told those people to screw off? Some of those vehicles are still under the factory warranty and Toyota is still denying the claims saying it is from improper oil.

Auto manufacturers have a warranty. Once you are out of that warranty, they are no longer responsible for that vehicle. Now, if it is a common problem, which I doubt it is, then they must look into. If a problem is found, they must fix it.

Tom