FORscan: Sorry, you need an Extended License!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guswah

Reaction score
I picked up a FORscan ELM327 tool hoping to accomplish two simple things:

1. Get rid of the auto door-lock function
2. Shut off the incredibly annoying seat belt chime. ("Chime" might be too nice a word for something that aggravating.)

It appears that little or nothing can actually be performed with this device unless I give someone more money. When I tried to edit those functions I got a message "Sorry, you need an Extended License to run this function."

I'm entirely a newbie with these things, that's for sure. But can anyone confirm the license requirement? Or have I just missed something?

Thanks if you can.

I knew about the autolock feature in the manual. Somehow I was sleeping for the lecture on disabling the seat belt warning.

And I now own a FORscan tool that will make a good conversation piece.

Thanks a million.

Yeah, you can request a free two month unlock. And you can request it repeatedly. I'm sure they will cut you off if they notice abuse of the system though.

I picked up a FORscan ELM327 tool hoping to accomplish two simple things:

1. Get rid of the auto door-lock function
2. Shut off the incredibly annoying seat belt chime. ("Chime" might be too nice a word for something that aggravating.)

It appears that little or nothing can actually be performed with this device unless I give someone more money. When I tried to edit those functions I got a message "Sorry, you need an Extended License to run this function."

I'm entirely a newbie with these things, that's for sure. But can anyone confirm the license requirement? Or have I just missed something?

Thanks if you can.
It's $10.00 for the license

Yes, I honestly just bought it...

No, it’s multiuse.

Latest posts