front end noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOE CAVEMAN

Reaction score
hi every one have a problem cant find it ,i have a front end noise driver side when ever i hit a bump ,bounce the truck ,or tern the steering wheele back and forth it sounds like i am sqezing a mouse,. has any body had this problem.its driving me crazy .someone told me lower ball joint dont know how tru it is thanks to all.:cry::banghead:

I had to replace ball joints and front wheel bearings at 93K miles. Wouldn't be surprised if you don't need to do the same. I heard the noise and had it checked out. No other symptoms, except that now that it's done, my truck steers better, feels tighter on sharp bumps and feels tighter overall. Fairly subtle, but certainly can tell the difference.

thanks my truck has 50k on it just hit it going to change the lower and upper and see what happens about wheel bearings dont know if i should change them yet.but will let every one know thanks to all:grin::supercool:

Caveman, I had the same problem a couple of months back, my '02 ST only has 91k on her. If you have the original sway bar link on your ST, then I would look there first. Its an easy and inexpensive fix, you won't even have to jack the trac up.

The upper or lower ball joint is an issue on the ST but I think it is your sway bar link.

Aloha Caveman,

The bearings aren't going to squeak, they will grind or rumble. A squeak is probably a rubber part.

go under and spray some Armorall on one or two rubber joints. If the squeak stops narrow it down 'till you find which rubber is bad.

Enjoy Ed