Front License Plate Holder Removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove the plate then drill the plastic rivits out....But now you have 2 holes to fill...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
reach under, undo the bolts, be careful not to scratch, the brackets can do that. Toddz right about the holes, still looking for plugs, havent found ford ones like acura, others who actually have those at the dealers.

Run into the electrical power stubout next to your driveway. It worked for me -- broke it off cleanly with no scratches in less than a second. :lol:

make sure the rivets are plastic. Mine were metal and in the process of drilling the rivets got hot and melted some of the surrounding bumper plastic making the remaining holes bigger and uneven. You've been warned.

Or just park your car in downtown detroit. Let someone hit your car and tear the front license plate frame off. Its alot easier. And if your lazy it probably happen sooner than doing it yourself! :D

Hit a dog to remove mine. Thankfully I was going fast enough (50 mph) that he died quickly and didn't suffer a lot. Poor dog, too bad he drew the short straw and got an idiot owner.

Hit a large piece of fiberglass ductboard (about 4' by 4') on I20 this morning at about 80 moh. It was thrown into the air off of the road and hit my drivers fender and windshield. Minor scratches but freaked me out!!!!

Latest posts