FS: Recon "Xtreme" Amber Scanning Tailgate Light Bar - Zabteck, New

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
I have 1 Recon "Xtreme" Amber Scanning Tailgate Light Bar. We sell these through Zabteck regularly for $139.95 but they are currently on sale for $119.95. I purchased this for myself to replace my old "Line of Fire" but would like to sell it instead. It is brand new, still sealed in the box I received it in.

This is the new style which is basically the "white lightning" plus scanning amber turn signals. check out Recon for pics, info and video.

Asking $110 shipped. Any interest?

George

<a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5537269514157495968">Video</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,

I see you are in Merrick. I work in Garden City and if you want to meet up one day you can give me a money order or cash. If I don't ship I can take $10 off the price. Otherwise you can pay with paypal, or money order if you want me to ship it.

George

I'll take it then, that's a great deal you're offering. I can meet up whenever is convenient for you. Funny as I just got back from there before reading your reply, I was in Mineola.

I'll give you cash too, I'll PM you with my phone number in order to make this easier.

A question though, do you suppose that I'll have to Dremel the hole for the spare tire access?

A question though, do you suppose that I'll have to Dremel the hole for the spare tire access?

Not if you mount it on the bumper lip, like is shown in the project linked below. I've mounted two Recon light bars like this. Full access to the spare tire, and the bar is better concealed.:banana:

Thanks, for the info and link Train. I'd also like to give a BIG thanks to George for a very nice item to go along with a very nice price.

Okay now, so Red wire to constant power and the white to the reverse lights most likely in the tail light housing correct?

Does anyone know offhand if our 4 pin connector is marked with a + sign to signify power or any other tricks or ideas to connect the red and white wires?

Thanks again guys, Rich

The four pin trailer tow connector:

pin 1 - ground - white

pin 2 - brake - brown/white

pin 3 - left turn - yellow

pin 4 - right turn - dark green

Thanks for the info so quickly Paul.

So brown/white is my source for constant power then.

I'll have this hooked up in the morning I guess.

I'll post some pics when I'm done.

This is Recons NEW light so hopefully my camera will be able to grab some nice shots.

Thanks again everybody for all of your timely help.

Rich, IF you hook up to the b/w wire you will ONLY have function when your foot is on the brake..,..

thats the only time that wire has power...

Todd Z

Nope, I would use the power port in the bed, Tap into that for constant..

Todd Z

Doesn't this light come pre-wired with a four-pin connector? Just curious, 'cause Recon's "White Lightning bar does, making it a simple plug-and-play connection. With the exception of the extra white wire for reverse lights.

EDIT: I just looked at the supplemental install instructions for the Xtreme light bar on Recon's web site. I see now that you're talking about the extra red wire.:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3FnpaWQJO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3FnpaWQJO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P. GILDA....

Okay here's a weird one. I hookup red to Aux bed port constant and white to reverse and the bar works perfect in every mode, (beautifully by the way)..!!

My problem lies with the Recon 3rd brake light which I've had no problem with. I have no functions at all out of this now.

WTH...I'm kind of stumped and just noticed it a few minutes ago.

I haven't had time to test or analyze anything but anyone have any suggestions before I start poking around?

I have to go see a patient but will be back in about 2 hours so I can't really reply until then.

Thanks again, Rich

LOL...

Glad it is all working !!!

Have a good one...

Todd Z

Latest posts