Fuel Pump?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Uhmmm...

I have an annoying noise coming from my engine compartment... I changed my alternator to a powermaster 200amp today, but it was fine all day (I was driving it quite a bit today) until I stopped one time, then got it started and hear this kinda metal on metal squeeling noise, not grinding...

Alternator and everything seem to be ok, it seems to be coming from right in the middle of the engine at the front......

Fuel Pump? Water Pump? Anyone have any idea's?

How hard is it to change either of those yourself?

Thanks!

Fort the Trac I do not know the exact price. But they are a cheap item as items go. Probably 30 to 35 dollars.

Todd has replaced his I think. He would know better than I...

If not the water pump or the pulley on the new alt, the tensioner was about 45 bucks from ford, aftermarket ones are cheaper...

Todd Z

The pulley seems perfect, its the same size, the belt fits on there perfectly....

Im starting to think it is the tensioner... im pretty sure its not coming from the alternator.... there is just so much close together to be able to really tell.... ill check into it some more on monday...

thanks everyone!

also, is the tensioner hard to replace, do I have to remove the rad and everything?

Only the belt has to come off and the intake hose... Thats it...

Todd Z