Full Wheel-Liner/Skirt Installation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Lynch

Reaction score
This first photo shows the small wheel-liner removed.

1.jpg

This next photo shows the full-liners…you can already see how much additional coverage you will gain by installing these.

2.jpg

This is the front view of the wheel-well with the small-liner installed. You can see in this photo, as well as in the next two photos just how much of the lower engine compartment is exposed without the full-liner.

3.jpg

You can see the small-liner in both of these photos, and how little coverage it provides.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The next step is to remove the old, small-liners. These are held on with plastic “push-pins,” just like the one’s that are used to hold on the new liner. I found that removing the top and bottom pins first was the easiest, leaving the middle pin for last. It takes a bit of muscle to pull the pins out, but they will come out eventually. I don’t recommend using pliers to do this as you may deform the holes that the pins go in. These holes will be used again with the new liner. You can work the pins out by “rocking” them back and forth while pulling firmly straight out. This photo shows the wheel-well with the small liner removed. I am keeping my small liners in case I ever find a need to re-install them.

6.jpg

The next step is to install the new liners. Make sure you have the correct liner for the correct side (see part #’s above). I laid the liners in the wheel-well first without putting the pins in to make sure. There are holes in the plastic well that exactly line up with your pins. It will be readily apparent when you get the new liner in the correct spot. All you have left to do is push the pins all the way in. Make sure you push the pins in until they are flush. These final three photos show the installation complet. Compare the new coverage to previous photos…these liners will definitely keep the grime, road salt and dirt out of the engine compartment!!

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: