Gas Mileage for 07 ST w/6cyl @6500 miles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip Webb

Reaction score
I've just hit the 6600 mile mark on my new 07 ST with 6 cyl engine. I drive about 70 miles round trip per day in small town and farm country mileage to and from work. I have a "lead" foot and average around 65 mph on open roads and over 75 mph on interstate. I jack rabbit start from stop lights and stop signs. I really am not a conservative driver to say the least.

Thus far, I've burned 400 gallons of gas over the 6600 miles for an average of about 16.5 miles per gallon. Considering my driving habits and terrain, I'm pretty satisfied with the mileage thus far. the stated EPA est. mpg: 15 city/21 hwy is pretty close to what I'm getting based upon my driving habits. My one road trip of 250 miles on an interstate at 75 mph plus showed around 18.5 while driving with speed control engaged.

I'm sure proper driving habits would increase the mileage by 2-3 mpg. But, what the hell, I like to push it a bit. In reality, at an average gas price of $2.80 per gallon, my lead foot probably cost me less than $130.00. It was worth it.

I haven't noticed any knocking or engine problems at all. It's a real "screamer" with a lot of pep. I routinely buy the cheapest gas I can find regardless of brand and always 87 octane. Sorry, no photos yet. Haven't had time. It's a fully loaded limited dark cherry with tan leather interior. Every option you can get on the build one except satellite radio which I'm working on now as an aftermarket.