Gen 1 or Gen 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of an 2001 Job 1 Engine bay.

Hopefully someone will post the Job 2

[Broken External Image]:

The Cover over the engine is different. and the oil dipstick is on the oposite side. If I am not mistaken.

Hope this helps

The job 1 or 2 difference primarily applies to year 2001 only. If you have a year 2002 to 2005, it would be a job 2. I believe there may also be a job 3 as well but that I think is very minor and not usually considered.

If you noticed on the above pictures, the oil pan dip stick is on the passenger side on a job 1 and on the drivers side on a job 2. That is my quick and easy way to determine which it is. :)

re: Gen 1 or Gen 2 by Kapena,5/2/2008 16:38 ET

I have an 05 but engine bay looks like the job 2 picture.

I thought I understood the differences.

Now I am totally confused.

And it will look like the Job 2

the Job1 was only produced for about 6 months.I beleive it stopped in July 2000. then they went to the Job 2

re: Gen 1 or Gen 2 by Big Johnson,5/2/2008 16:25 ET

OK Great so now i know i have a job 2. Is there a performance difference?

Only if you get the Zabteck Throttle Body.

If you had a Job one you could get a bored out TB and increse the flow more thenthe plastic one on the Job 2

There might be a few other differences.. but not much

ANyone else have anything, Please chime in.

If you noticed on the above pictures, the oil pan dip stick is on the passenger side on a job 1 and on the drivers side on a job 2.

Nope. I have a Job 1 and the engine oil dip stick is on the driver side (as sitting in the deriver seat). You can see it there in the first picture - it's the small black rectangular handle, to the left of the brake master cylinder, with yellow lettering ("ENGINE OIL").

On a Job 1, the engine oil fill hole is on the driver side valve cover, but for the Job 2 it is on the passenger side (as sitting in the deriver seat).