Gen 2 Climate Control?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Allen

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its something I just noticed or something that just started happening, maybe someone else with a GEN 2 could test it out for me.

When I switch my blower speed between 3 & 4 (either way) I here a relay click coming from the glove box area. I dont here a relay when switching between all the other speeds. This happens no matter which vent position I have it set to (Feet, Face, etc.).

If someone could test their track for me that would be greatly appreciated!

Or maybe it's because I live in the second coldest place on earth next to Siberia (Edmonton hit -46.4c Saturday Night, Siberia -48c !).

Rob

I took mine in last year and dealership said it was the gear-driven air compressor/defroster kicking in. I still hear it but it made sense, havent worried about it since.

Sondra

Thats what I thought it may have been at first, but I didn't have it on defrost and the AC was off, that's why I thought it was kinda strange. But you do get it between 3 & 4 even with the AC off and not on Defrost?