GEN 2 Sway bars !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
OK,

I have been talking with Hellwig on making the Front Sway bar for the Gen 2 ST...

We know the Gen 1 ST bar ( Front) available from ADDCO...

The Rear Gen 1 ST bar is available from Addco, Hellwig and EE

Now for the Gen 2:

Ford upgraded the REAR bar in the 09 and UP st.... I am test fitting a new bar ( 07 and 08 )( ANDY and DOUG) if they ever get to installing them we will know how that goes.

That means you don't need a larger REAR bar in the 09 and up...

That bar is about a 2 hour install and not for the driveway mechanic..... But the new bar is 1/4 inch Larger !!!!

I will be selling them through Zabteck....

AS for the FRONT of the ST....

SINCE ford was nice to get an upgraded rear, you can upgrade the FRONT with no issues !!!!

I am seeing how many people may be interested in the front bar....

I am looking at having 25 made, and 1 for testing in about 3 weeks.....

Once tested we should be good to go by late August....

I think we can keep pricing around $200 shipped for the front...

The rear will be what ever i can get them at discounted....

For the GEN 2 Front:

They will be either 4140 tubular probably 1 and 3/8 dia or solid "DOM" metal...

The solid will be heaver by about 10 lbs, the tubular will be lighter and perform the same..

BOTH will increase by 30% !!

Thoughts ??

P.S I need some pics from a member with a gen 2 st... Can you please email or call me..

Thank you !!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

I have an 07 4x4 if you need pics - just let me know and I'll snap some for you.

And yes, I will more than likely be interested... :)

I would be interested in the front bar and I can get you some pics in the morning. Just let me know what angles you need. I'll be here for a while.

Thanks,

I need where the bar attach's to the frame, other mounting points, end links and 1 overall shot.....

Thanks !!!

Todd Z

If I can get the Front Bar I will have them BOTH installed the day after it arrives! PROMISE!

As I was stating way back when, the front bar should have no issues being a Driveway install! It is a lot less cramped on the trac. The rear however is a total Pain to do in the driveway like you stated! It is tucked up pretty tight above the IRS. hence teh reason it is still sitting in my garage, I need to get the right endlink before install anyhow!. (LUCKY 2009 Owners!)

Either way you look at it, any suspension mods we can get for this vehicle is a MUST in my opinion....especially for the Sport Truck guys with the adrenalin!!!!

Thanks for all this Todd! Looking forwad to the Front bar being available!

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS TO JEFF for the pics !!!!

Todd Z

Did you get all the pics you need Todd?

Also, if I remember correctly, the front shouldn't be done without doing the rear.

Is that corect?

AS for the FRONT of the ST....

SINCE ford was nice to get an upgraded rear, you can upgrade the FRONT with no issues !!!!

You can do the front on the gen 2 due to the size of the OEM and aftermarket rear

THANKS TO JEFF for the pics !!!!

Todd Z

Yup...

Todd Z

Gotcha!

Since you mentioned that the rear bar on the 09 and up was upgraded and that one won't be needed for the 09+, I assumed that meant that a rear upgrade was needed for the 07/08.

I'll probably eventually upgrade the rear on my 08, but its good to know I can just do the front for now.

Other than the weight difference, what are your thoughts (pros/cons) of tubular vs solid?

The tubular is lighter and not meant for harsh off road use.....

The solid can Handel more things thrown at it.....Accidents, off roading..

They BOTH work the same on the street, and will both be about 30% stiffer then OEM.

My guess is you will not see an 07 off road that rough, I think the tubular may be the way to go...

The only issue is once we pick a method it has to stay that way....

The steel they use all has the same torsion... Many people think Solid and Larger is better...

That is not always true !!

It is also cheeper...

Todd Z

If I remember correctly, from my public education, tubular is typically stronger as long as it's structurally consistent (no dings, dents, creases, etc.) . . . . as well as lighter and cheaper . . . . you've got my vote for tubular

Latest posts