~ Gen2 Airbag Kit!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Found an Airbag Drop-kit out there for the 2006+ SportTrac...

Not sure of teh quality, what is involved....or if it has everything in it or not!? I'll admit it, am Clueless when it comes to bagging a truck!

http://airbagit.com/product_info.php?products_id=3650

[Broken External Image]:

that looks to be everything one would need. the basics of an air bag system are the bags ofcourse, the air tank and the compressor and then cylonoids and the controller to send the air to the bags. it seems like all of thats there. but it makes me wonder how much you have to modify your brand new truck to make this fit

Doesn't include everything you need. Missing all metal work, notches, tabs, etc. Hard to tell what size the line is, looks like only 3/8" or so. For my money, you gotta go at least 1/2" and none of that soft line stuff, hardline all the way. Nothing special about the kit, it's just all the parts in one place. Could probably get better components for around the same price or slightly more expensive if you shop around. With that kit you still have to buy some stuff and a fair amount of work.

Eddie-

That's what a notch is for, which isn't included, nor mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looksa as though I have lots to learn about bagging a truck. Performance wise it's not the best option though huh!? Jus tlooking to get a bit more than the 1.25" and was under teh impression this was the only way to do it.

There's not a great shop in the area to go talk to either.....Anyone recommend a shop in FL somewhere to call?

Bags can perform as well as anything else.

In essence, all an airbag system is doing is removing the metal springs and replacing them with air springs.

You can go all the way to the ground with 'bags, so long as you set it up correctly and make room for everything.

Call Scrap-n-Customs.. Although it will be a bout a year or so before they will get to your truck. They have a bit of a waiting list.

I'll have to look into it some more when the time comes....

Trying to get all the bolt on's right now . I've hit a wall with funds now that we are buying a house!

In case you haven't seen it, here's a step by step of the bags put on the Coppertone ST. It appears to be almost a bolt-on setup for the Gen 2 trucks, with the exception of the rear upper bag mount. If you go picture by picture, they give you a description of what was done in each step.

Latest posts