Getting some of my best MPG ever - Flashed with Xcal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that since the XCal and Wayne's programs I have been getting some of my best MPG ever. I have only filled up about 5 times since the flash but the mpg is constantly increasing. This is with a straight performance tune and not even one of the mileage tunes and I have been driving it the same or even harder than usual. This is the best mod ever! :D :D

You can take a look at my chart below...

George

Last edited by a moderator:
George,

Thats great sir, glad you are happy with your purchase.

Martin,

You can get all of the details on the Xcal2 here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, IF you learn to keep your foot off the front bumper it is amazing how much more MPG you can get.

Especially with Wayne's tunes, I know you get even more power and MPG than the other tuners out there..

Todd Z

It is if you are running it hard and STILL getting that kind of mileage.

For example, my mothers 5.4L 2001 F150 4x4. When she was driving it, she averaged 310 per tank, babying the heck out of it, untuned.

Now, since my mom injured her right knee, and cant drive quite yet, my stepdad has been driving it. I also tuned it for her right before he took over driving it. He averages 300 miles per tank, and he jackrabbit starts, hard passes, and heavy brakes at EVERY light, never doing the speed limit. He complained to me one night about the mileage not improving since I tuned it.

They keep a mileage log in the truck, for business purposes. I went back and showed him the average with her babying it, and totalled the average up since he has been driving it.

With his hard driving habits, and still getting that kind of mileage out of it, he has been happy since me proving my point.

Typically, your mileage will drop when you first tune the vehicle, as you are getting used to the new throttle response, better shifting and more power. Once the "new" wears off, your mileage will increase over your previous average.