Getting the wandering eye... for the Avalanche

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to admit it, but I think the new Avalanche looks pretty hot too. It cleaned up real good, inside and out, this time around. Pictures of the new Silverado and Sierra are trickling out and they are also equally improved IMO. The F150's interior still beats these other guys' easy though.

If I were in the market this moment, I'd step up to a full size truck or SUV. The Avalanche would be a definite candidate as would the Titan and F150. SUV wise, I'd choose between the Armada or the upcoming Expedition, or even an Infiniti FX. Or go the other way and spoil myself to one of them fancy German cars.

Goodluck Stylin'. That new Avalanche would be a good choice IMO.

I agree that the new Avalanche is a slick truck. It's definetly a step up as far as size compared to the ST, but the more I check them out on my way by the Chevy dealership, the more appealing they are to me. I haven't got a chance to check out the interiors, but you probably can't get any worse than the previous generations. My mother has a 2003 Explorer and my dad a 2004 Suburban. My mom's been eyeing the new Tahoe as a replacement vehicle for when she gets tired of the Explorer, but she also likes the new ST.

STylin',

I'm with you. I think GM hit a triple (not a homerun, though) with the Av's redesign. When you load it with the top of the line package, it's really, really nice.

STylin,

Are those the EPA mileage for the new models of the vehicles (07 ST, 06 Avalanche)? I get alittle more than the EPA average out of my ST (2001). However I'm surprised that the Avy gets better according to the EPA standards considering how large it is, but like you said, very comparable. I think that the new 2007 ST matches up closer to the Avalanche now with the bigger body and engine option.

STCTC - I've seen mixed ratings. Some sites say that the 07 hasn't yet been rated by the EPA. Others give the 16/22 rating. I've lower hwy ratings for the 06, and that makes sense, due to the displacement on demand engine.

I'm surprised to hear you get better than the average out of your ST. I've got a very similar setup, and get considerably less. Usually avg 14-15.

The only performance mod that I've done is a MAC intake. I'm a pretty conservative driver, but step on it every now and then. I can consistently get 16 mpg in the city (small town) and even got over 24 mpg on an all highway trip going down to the beach. This is on my Job 1 2001.

Stylin' you're not the only one. I really like the old avalanches, and the 07 is bad ass looking. I'd take an 07 avalanche over an 07 ST sadly.