Getting this leak now.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
I think I have seen this on the forum as a pretty common leak. What is this? Is it just a gasket or do I purchase the housing. Is there a project write up?

Thanks

[Broken External Image]:

yep. i got it after i replace the t-stat, had to get a new upper housing. might as well replace both while you're at it. remove alternator bolts only, as well as TB and intake hose.

One of the most used MyST projects. Use the single sensor RH-148 housing.

One less sensor to buy and have leak. Not a difficult job, just confined. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
The only parts required for the basic repair are a Motorcraft RH148 lower housing, DY1004 ECT sensor,

RG614 lower seal, and a 35617 Fel-Pro upper seal. Highly recommend that you replace the RT1167

thermostat, and inspect the Motorcraft KM3269 bypass hose while it's apart. Glad to help if I can.

Also inspect your RH147 upper housing. Appears to be damaged in your pic.

Note the RH165 part number in the project may not be correct. Double check.

Notice in my pic I have two sensors but only one of them is being used. This is Ford factory original. I wonder what the other sensor application is for?

/

More than likely left over parts from non flex fuel ST's from 2003 and earlier.

Why I said to use the RH148 SINGLE sensor housing and only the DY1004 sensor.

just a side note.. I found when changing my thermostat(RT1167) that Mororcraft part # RG637 Thermostat O-Ring fits a little more snug than the 35617 Fel-Pro.(i ordered both) Not a big deal either way. It is the W702837-S300 part listed in the project. I ordered mine from rockauto.com. It came as RG637/W702041-S300. It is the same part. Maybe just a updated part # since the project was posted. Good Luck.

Latest posts