Glad I took her in...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
Well, I've had some issues with the Trac lately but nothing serious, or at least I thought. Anyway, my ESP was expiring 4/20 so I took her in last Thursday, 4/19. I noted some issues of concern.

1. AC kept kicking on/off every 4-5 seconds. I thought it was just low on fluid.

2. Fluid showing all over rear end behind the drive shaft.

3. Again, shudder when turning at slow speeds. Never fixed before.

4. CC switch light would go on/off randomly, only the right side.

I'm glad I went in because the AC compressor was on the verge of going. They installed a new compressor and flushed/recharged the system. Rear seal was shot so they replaced that. Put a new power steering pump, cooler, and check valve on and filled/purged the system. Also put entirely new CC switches on the steering wheel.

All in all it was a bill for a little over $1400 and I only footed $100. With all the new parts on my Trac I'm sure to keep her for some time. Thanks for letting me share:).

How much did the ESP cost? That's how much you reallllly paid. They pulled one over you.

Anyway, glad you got all of it fixed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got the Trac all fixed up before your ESP expired. And No, they did not pull one over on him. He probably broke even and maybe even came out slightly ahead depending on when he purchased the ESp. Either way, i'm glad tohear that it worked out so smoothly for you.

Lil Red...

In my opinion, ESP are just a way for more profit.

I honestly think <b>some</b> people are too blinded by the low deductible that they fail to see the whole picture; that's how they work.

Granted, there has probably been in the past where it has helped, but if a company just gave away free service, they would go under in a heart beat. They know where the money is: service.

Just my opinion.

The ESP was purchased by the original owner and transferred to me. He paid $2800 for it back in '01. I bought the truck in '05 with 2 years or 48k miles left on the warranty. I gave him private party blue book (edmunds), and I didn't finance. The ESP was extra and it was my decision maker in buying the Trac. I'm happy to say that I've only gained with this ESP. Personally I wouldn't purchase one with a new vehicle.

Lot's of new parts since I've had her. I'm not sure of the exact figures but I do know that more than $5000 worth of work has been performed under warranty so it benefited me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts