God Bless America

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
The following was written by a friend of mine who is a well educated and intelligent man. I found his words insightful and inspiring being:cool: he is a true conservative.

AFTER WATCHING A FEW MINUTES OF THE OBAMA INAUGURAL CELEBRATION YESTERDAY, WITH ALL THE HOOPLA AND THE ENDLESS LITANY OF WHO'S WHO IN HOLLYWOOD AND THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY CHEERING IN THEIR NEW COMMANDER IN CHIEF, I COULDN'T HELP BUT THINK ABOUT THE ENDLESS CHALLENGES OBAMA FACES, SOME OF WHICH HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE QUALIFIED OR PREPARED TO DEAL WITH, INCLUDING HIS FACING OFF WITH THE CLINTONS AND A HOST OF OTHER PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFULS IN HIS ADMINISTRATION WHO WILL BE SEEKING HIS JOB IN 4 YEARS AND THROUGHOUT HIS TERM.

WHAT I FOUND MOST INTERESTING, THOUGH, WAS ALL THE TALK ABOUT THE DIRE STATE OF AFFAIRS OBAMA IS INHERITING, AS IF AN INDEMNIFIER IN THE EVENT HE COULDN'T PULL IT OFF. CALLED COVERING YOUR A***S.

THERE WAS AN OVERWHELMING CALL FOR UNITY: "WE ARE NOT RED STATES AND BLUE STATES, WE ARE THE UNITED STATES! WE ARE ONE!"

CURIOUS WAS THE FACT THAT WHEN BUSH WON IN 2000, AND AGAIN IN 2004, THERE WAS NO SUCH CALL FOR UNITY FROM THE DEMOCRATS.

NO LEFTIST REPORTERS WISHING BUSH WELL. NO PUNDITS OR ENTERTAINERS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE AISLE CALLING FOR UNITY. NO INDEMNIFIERS ABOUT BUSH INHERITING A TECH CRASH THAT SUCKED 14 TRILLION DOLLARS AND FIVE MILLION JOBS OUT OF THE ECONOMY. NO MENTION OF THE RECESSION BUSH INHERITED. NO MENTION OF THE TERRORIST ATTACKS THREE YEARS IN THE PLANNING UNDER THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION THAT CRIPPLED THE ECONOMY EVEN FURTHER, EVEN WHILE BUSH WAS STILL UNPACKING HIS BAGS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

INSTEAD, THE LEFT TURNED ON BUSH WITH A VENOM FROM DAY ONE: BUSH RIGGED THE ELECTION IN FLORIDA; BUSH CHEATED; BUSH WAS NOT A DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT; BUSH KNEW OF THE 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACKS AND DID NOTHING TO STOP THEM; BUSH ORCHESTRATED THE 9/11 ATTACKS WITH DICK CHENEY AND HALIBURTION IN A VAST CONSPIRACY TO BRING ABOUT MARTIAL LAW; BUSH LIED ABOUT SADDAMS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION WHICH THE DEMS THEMSELVES HAD WARNED US OF FOR 10 YEARS PRIOR; BUSH BETRAYED HIS COUNTRY BY LEADING IT TO AN ILLEGAL WAR HE DREAMED UP IN TEXAS FOR THE BENEFIT OF HIS RICH FAT CAT OIL BUDDIES....

AND I COULD GO ON FOR A MONTH OF SUNDAYS AND STILL NOT COVER ALL THE VENOMOUS AND TREASONOUS RANTING AND BUSH ATTACKS FROM THE LEFT, CONDEMNING AND THEN FINDING BUSH GUILTY OF ALL SINS WITHOUT A SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE, EVEN TO THEIR CONSTANTLY REFERRING TO THE PAST 8 YEARS AS THE "BUSH ECONOMY", AND EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THE DEMS THEMSELVES WHO FORCED LENDERS TO LEND HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO UNQUALIFIED BUYERS WHO COULDN'T REPAY THEIR LOANS AND BY SO DOING CAUSED THIS MELTDOWN AND COLLAPSE, WHILE IT WAS BUSH AND THE REPUBLICANS WHO TIRED TO STOP THEM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

SO NOW THE LEFT'S MAN (OR SO THEY THINK) IS IN OFFICE AND THEY WANT A TRUCE OF SORTS -- BECAUSE, AFTER ALL, WE ARE ONE AND THESE ARE SOME TOUGH TIMES OBAMA IS FACING.

IN OTHER WORDS, THEY WANT US TO BEHAVE NOT AS THEY THEMSELVES BEHAVED IN THE PAST, WHICH WAS AS HEINOUS AND TRAITOROUS AS IT COULD POSSIBLY GET, BUT AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEHAVED INSTEAD, AS TRUE PATRIOTIC AMERICANS.

SO NOW, SOMEHOW, SHOULD ANYONE BEHAVE IN A MANNER THAT BEARS ANY SIMILITUDE TO THE DEMOCRATS BEHAVIOR OF THE PAST EIGHT YEARS, THEY WILL BE THE ONES LABELED 'UNPATRIOTIC' AND WILL NO DOUBT SUFFER THE DEMS "SCORCHED EARTH" WRATH.

AND THE SADDEST STATEMENT OF ALL FOR AMERICA IS THAT NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE NARCISSISTIC DEMOCRAT ELITISTS WILL EVER COME TO REALIZE THEIR OWN REALITY, EVEN IN SPITE OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE THE NOSES ON THEIR FACES.

BUT UNLIKE THE DEMOCRATS WISHING BUSH FAILURE AND CANCER THESE PAST EIGHT YEARS, AND EVEN WORSE, I FIND MYSELF WISHING OBAMA -- AND AMERICA -- WELL. BOY DOES THAT HURT!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Gene Deputy - a Patriot

:huh: I didn't see mention of McCain. Did I miss something?

Very well put.

joecool, sure MC lost. That is not the point. Reread it. Everything there is truth. That said my hope and prayers are that OB does well for this nation. You wont see me heckling him with untruths and conspiricies.

It is not truth. It is slander with NO backing or proof. I am sick and tired of slander and racist remarks towards Obama. And who deleted my post? I guess this site is for McPain supporters only? Freedom of speech applies only if others agree with you here I guess? :rolleyes:

It is not truth. It is slander with NO backing or proof. I am sick and tired of slander and racist remarks towards Obama. And who deleted my post? I guess this site is for McPain supporters only? Freedom of speech applies only if others agree with you here I guess?

Joe, you might want to quit while you are ahead. And by the way, it is a privilege to be a member of this site, not a right, learn some respect...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not truth. It is slander with NO backing or proof. I am sick and tired of slander and racist remarks towards Obama. And who deleted my post? I guess this site is for McPain supporters only? Freedom of speech applies only if others agree with you here I guess?

Your post was deleted? Must be a vast right wing conspiracy.

joe, I think your post was deleted for the slap the mans face anger, that it displayed.

This is not a one sided site. Todd has asked us to start being respectful. We are a communty of differences. We do need to respond respectful in our differences.

Have a good one.:)

Gee whiz, someone help me find a racist remark in old timer's post. Slander, for that matter . . .

Am I wrong, or is Slander verbal, while libel, is written? Perhaps you mean libel?

Well written.

A Lot of Truth in it...

In my opinion Bush did face the firing squads early. Luckily, good Historians (I am one for hobby) will record the facts about Bush. I believe in a decade or so when we read about the Bush years people who were quick to jump on the bandwagons of the media will realize the folly of their ways. Either or. We have a New President Now! Yes he is under qualified and facing a mountain of economic decline... but I'm American. You gotta throw support at the machine to make it work instead of against it. So Good Luck Obama! I pray he can get it done! For everyone's sake.

You gotta throw support at the machine to make it work instead of against it.

Interesting and insightful quote Woppy.

In using it, I would say that is appears as though people stopped throwing support at the machine for the last 4 years. So, is it safe to say that the people let the country down? The people brought us into this chasm of perceived doom?

Can BO run this machine? He certainly has the support, but will it be steered into the right direction. All of this remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see where it all turns out 4 years from now.

In using it, I would say that is appears as though people stopped throwing support at the machine for the last 4 years.

More like the last eight years, with the exception of a few short months following 9/11.

agreed.

it's sad that we as a nation are only able to move forward together when the bridge is crackling beneath us.

to late to cry. the splinters are showing and we gotta cross this thing sooner than later. we have given this guy the reigns of nation and every horse available. hope he can spur us across.

time will tell.

It is not truth. It is slander with NO backing or proof.

It was indeed truthful. And if anything, what oldtimer posted is an illustration of the slander, false accusations, and personal attacks against President Bush that have been occurring ever since the 2000 election. And sadly, on this day of "hope" and "coming together", the very same classless behavior was directed towards President Bush as he walked out to the inauguration ceremony. On today, of all days, you'd have thought those suffering from "Bush Derangement Syndrome" could've exhibited at least a modicum of class and decorum.:angry:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLDzJHdxWAc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLDzJHdxWAc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, TT. I, being at work, have not had an opportunity to watch any of the ceremony, and the clip you just posted makes my stomach turn.

Completely classless, and a glaring reminder of what's wrong with the world today...

How horrible for this type of behavior to rear it's ugly head on a day that people should celebrate what is right in our world today...

So much for the speech calling on all of us to pull together.

Evidently, those people who laughed and booed at our president weren't listening or don't understand English.

Shameful behavior. :(

It will be interesting to see if the liberal democrats will hold Obama to the same standards they expected from Bush or will they have double standards? I truly wish the best for Obama but if he is scrutinized half as much as Bush was then he doesn't have a chance.

I truly wish the best for Obama but if he is scrutinized half as much as Bush was then he doesn't have a chance.

agreed.

OMG! TrainTrac I almost wish I never knew that video existed! Man that makes me sick. To sing that and boo you have to be 100% classless. The man just sacrificed 8 years of his life leading this nation and you Boo him?! What a disgrace... They should have turned off the cameras at that point and just said we don't support ignorance.

yuck.