going to sell my house !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
well after having some fun with my neighbors ride, i decided that i have to sell my house and get one. i dont care i will just live in my shed. :lol:

WOW is all i have to say. he just got his ZO6 back from the shop and it hit 531 HP to the rear wheels on the dyno. it also has been lowered.

i couldn't get out of behind the wheel, as i am like a kid in a candy store.

the car is amazing, sickly fast and the handling was unbelievable. i also coulnd not believe how smooth the car was driving.

this ZO6 made my trailer trash ZO1 feel like a chevette :eek:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The ZO6 is an awesome American sports car.

The non ZO6 version ain't bad either.

I haven't found a situation when my 400 HP wasn't enough.

But maybe someday.......

GM got it right with the C6. Simply put, I feel the C6 Corvette is simply astonishing. Power, ride, performance...all on par with the best out there. The C4 was crude, slow, and was way behind the competition. The C4 ZR-1 was very fast and looked nice, but it was not something anyone that could afford a real car would pick the Vette.

The C6 is the vehicle people would pick.

Tom

:lol:Now that's what I'm talking about...

garys.

this ZO6 made my trailer trash ZO1 feel like a chevette

I would think more like a factory Vega....:lol:

Now that I'm thinking, since you have been so loyal to Toy for your fleet vehicles as of late - next time you are invited to a high-level buyer meet with the Toy Corp, you ought to borrow and wheel up with in this Z-06.

Then tell TOY Co, that your are considering a revamp of your fleet.

Might just then walk out with a paid for Z-06 and an offer you can't refuse for a fleet of new Toys!!!!!

Just don't let the board know if it comes to fruition. I'm afraid that Tom's head may explode!!!

:lol::lol:

so again, you statement of the C-4 being slow and way behind the competition is just a lack of your knowledge. nothing new!!!!

btw, maybe i should sell my ZO1 for a nice convertAble :lol:

dave,

i am waiting for toy to build a super car so i can get one for free :eek:

it out performed the porsch 924s (auto). the 924s, had no anti-lock brakes and was a full 2 seconds slower to 60 mph and 20 mph slower at top speed. the vette numbers were not too shaby for the time

The Porsche 924s was a 4 cylinder. The Corvette was faster and quicker than a 4 cylinder. I bet you stand proud the Vette needed double the cylinders than the Porsche so it could beat it.

Need we say something about the handling of that Vette?

Tom

If you're gonna sell the house, get a ZR-1. Then, you use the money left over to fly me up there from Atlanta, and I'll give you my ST for it.

Sounds like a fair deal?

it may have not been the fastest or best handling, either way, the C-4 vette was a very well designed sports car that can compete with the best. ;)

I don't quite understand why you would choose the Porsche 924 to prove the vette's stats. For one, its not like porsche is the car everyone compares too, and two the 924 we never the fast and fun porsches the 911's were. I agree with my friend that porsche shouls stop making every other car besides the 911. When you walk in to a porsche dealership they should say, "hello sir, what color would you like you 911 to be."

When I see a Corvette, I think about the company that made a long line of such fine vehicles as the Chevette, Corvair, Vega, Corsica, Beretta, Citation, Monza, Celebrity, etc.

how about the 928s? an 8cyl..............

1988 928 had 315 HP. Well above your "World Class" Corvette.

It also has a top speed of 171 MPH. I do not remember the 1/4 mile times, but it was faster than a 911 Turbo.

Tom

Great ride, though yellow is not my bag. I'd strip it and lay a coat or two of 50th anniversary red (which is perhaps my favorite GM paint color) on it. :)

Latest posts