Got a new ride yesterday...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Carlson

Reaction score
2005 XLT

[Broken External Image]:

I looked at some 2007s in the lot while I was at the dealer's. I really didn't see anything I had to have - like the cargo bed storage, stiffer suspension, or a V-8. There were some things that I would have missed - like the powered back window, and keyless entry (on the lower end models it's missing), and rear seat storage. And there were some things that just flat out turned me off with the 2007, like the interior styling, and that gap between the rear seat and rear panel (when it's down) - what the heck's up with that? And, oh yeah, that it's 14 inches longer. If I had wanted an F-150, I would've bought an F-150.

On the plus side, I did get upgrades in the 2005 compared to what originally came with my 2001: rear disc brakes, side airbags, tow hitch (w/electric brake, installed by previous owner), the 6-CD/MP3 head unit, and driver's seat adjustable lumbar support.

We're both very happy... :wub:

Lookin' good!...Do you still have your '01? Being a 2 Trac home would be so sweet...but I can't get my wife out of her minivan... By the way, I'm jealous of all the green foliage in the picture you took yesterday...I'm a$$ deep in snow here in Ohio. Can't keep the Bat Trac clean to save my life!:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and good luck with it..

Todd Z

thanks, guys

The 2001 is going to one of our sons and his family. They've been having car-reliability issues, and my wife was worried about the grandbabies getting stranded by the side of the road. They won't have to worry about that now.

I really wanted to wait for the 2008s to come out, but who knows, maybe I'll trade up next year.

By the way, I'm jealous of all the green foliage in the picture you took yesterday...I'm a$$ deep in snow here in Ohio. Can't keep the Bat Trac clean to save my life!

5 more years and i will be down his way and it cant come quick enough.

i like to torture myself by looking at the current weather here in NJ

and then down in SC.