Got my flowmaster 40 serieis

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey Everhart

Reaction score
Called around after getting a quote from Meineke for $189 muffler installed. Got around to it finally. Called around and got quotes from $185 to $250. Dont like those prices. Decided to just drive down to the little shop where I had my cavalier exhaust installed. Forgot about that guy. Last time he installed my muffler for a 6 pack of beer. :D

This guy is just awesome and is honest. Everybody else told me I needed new tubing from the cat all the way back. He told me they were full of shit and I already had the large tubing. Didnt charge me to remove the factory resonator and put the small tubing in for that.

Total cost from this guy was $135, and $15 (versus $50 from Meineke/Midas) for a chrome tip. I'm REALLY happy with the sound. I love the rumble when the truck starts and the low rumble while idling. The resonance inside is a lot lower than what I expected. I floored it as I went by some people and they turned their heads :wub:

I'm so glad I got a sport trac. I dont like rangers, or F150's, but I do love Exploders. This is the perfect middle ground. I've had fun modding this truck. So far put on chrome tail lights, intake, and now the exhaust system. My next step is the XCal2

I really want to do a suspension lift, but I'd have to save money up for that. I dont understand the concept of saving :blink:

SIngle in Single out. I kept the side exit behind the wheel. I dont really like the look of the rear exit(s) unless the rear bumper is cut so the exhaust fits up in it. No offense to anybody, but the tips sticking out below the rear bumper isnt my thing :)