Got my third PATS key

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I finally got off my duff and got a third key for the ST.

Got it from ebay for $10.98, shipped. Ace Hardware cut it for me for $1.92.

Not too bad for the peace of mind. :cool:

Do it before you lose one of your two keys.

I have said the same thing here like 50 times. Cheap if you do it NOW.

If you lose a key and don't have the third you will spend $100 ish dollars as you MUST go thru Ford for the Programing of the replacement key... NO FUN...

Same here... ordered a 3rd PATS key for my wife's '06 Escape a few days ago from eBay. Cost me almost $19 with shipping.

Mine was the cheapo, without the pretty blue oval. :D

38bc16042b14588ace4fa888d787108a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from a member for $8, the locksmith cut it for $1. He would have programmed for me if I had brought my other key along. Dang, now I have to do all that work myself.:lol::lol:

Just making sure you didn't buy the key, figured you were set, and if the time comes to use it, you would have been screwed.

Tom

Only received 1 key when I bought the ST - living on the edge.

I did buy the extra remote and have my keycode for the pad on the door "so I got that going for me."

I guess I will have to break down and get two more keys and take the hit on programming.

Caymen has guilted me into it. What will I do for fun now other than wonder where my key is?

JT#14

p.s. I may even go as far as getting my key fitted for the tonneau cover as well.

Rats! I lost my second key a little while back, and now I am having to KEEP A TAB on my only key. It's scary to think that if I lose it, I AM SCREWED! So, in retrospect, do I need to buy a replacement key, (from e-bay?)(or whom?) have it cut, and then have it programmed by the dealer, or is this a backwards way of doing it? Shoulda, coulda, woulda....and didn't do it when it was feasible to do so! Duh!

:angry::wacko::unsure:

I think the key term is replacement KEYS. When you lose one, you want to be left with 2 so you can program a third so if you lose one you have two left and can program a third so if you lose one you have two left..........

Make it stop!

JT#14

Yeah, I've been putting it off myself until my wife temporarily lost her set of keys. Glad we found them.

WHAT?! I just got My ST and I only got one key and remote. I've seen the keys and remotes on ebay but didn't think about the programming part. How much $$$ is it? Am I screwed????:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis, Yes it was xtraparts. Good transaction, fast shipper. I paid $10.98, shipped for one.

Ed C: with only 1 key you are up a creek. You must have 2 programmed keys in order to program a 3rd one yourself.

You'll have to involve the dealer to program a 2nd or 3rd key for your ride. Some here have reported being charged over $100 for this service by some dealers.

You'll have to involve the dealer to program a 2nd or 3rd key for your ride. Some here have reported being charged over $100 for this service by some dealers.

Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info Darin. I wish I could find the *&%@%#! that sold it to me, but he moved to AL.:angry:

What have others paid to get a PATS key programmed, and did you use the dealer or a locksmith?

Mine 2nd & 3rd keys should be coming in the mail any day now and I am trying to set up where I will have it taken care of.

Oddly, one place said $90 for 1 and $140 for 2 - I said I will do the work myself on the second one - the all of 15 seconds it may take.

JT#14

Latest posts