Got Screwed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
So from their original quote of $2065 to install and dyno I now am left with a little over $2900 bill. I argue with them at the store about WTF they added to the bill and how I approved a gasket and a fuel filter and somehow that equals $800 dollar increase. They just bumped their hours charging $85 dollar to remove a Superchip from the ECU and so on and so on.

So they hold my car ransom saying they will not release unless I pay the full ammount. Now im nervous that if I leave it there they will mess it up just to piss me off more.

I check the Washington state law on adding hours to bills and it states that anything over a $100 increase in a quote has to be put in writing and I have to sign. Should I go forward with a complaint or do you think this is just the kind of junk that people just brush off their desks?

Law

Chapter 46.71 RCW

Depends how much your time fighting it is worth!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What is in the contract. Fine print. Also look into the BBB, to see if they have simular complaints.

i second Big Johnson (LOL)...i always fight over S*** like that...that's how my father has lived and has raised me...got him VERY far and seems to be working quite well for me

I'd really like to know what the Trac was in for, thats a big bill... 85 bux to "remove a superchip" :blink: All you do is grab it and pull... WTF

I say ya fight this one..

I think he was having either a turbo or supercharger installed.

edit - Here's his post from a week or so ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom work folks. CLos, though I don't agree with it, keep in mind it was custom work. Are they willing to write up the details of the additional expense or are they just blaming the gasket and filter?

Latest posts