Got some stuff done to the Trac today. (Saturday)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Well, I finally installed my new EE sway bar. My brother "confiscated" my old EE bar for his 1999 Explorer. I also installed Ford's "improved" endlinks. They are better made then the original end links I had before. They look like they are full urathane then the rubber on the old ones.

I forgot how much better the Trac handles with the EE sway bar. Even during normal driving the Trac feels more stable. Even Theresa noticed it. She did not even know I installed the bar today while she was at work.

I am running my brothers old front bar off his 1999 Explorer that was slightly larger then the Trac's front bar. One of these days I might even pick-up an Addco 1 1/2" front bar for even better performance next summer. The Addco front bar is massive!

I also installed Summit Racing Equipment's 9007 Headlight wiring harness. Pretty simple install and the lights do seem to be brighter and whiter with the Silverstar bulbs. For less then $30.00, it was worth it.

I did notice I had small brake fluid leak on my left rear caliper. I tightened up the banjo bolt. hopefully that will stop the leak.

Tom

I was thinking about trying the Summit wiring harness. People at the Taurus board rave about it. (I get around.)

When we did the Roadmaster Active Suspension we also installed the upgraded Ford sway bar end links, and yes they are polyurthane bushings. Ford also has a set of upgraded pads for the leaf springs. :D

Do you have a part no. for the Summit Racing wiring harness? Thanks.

Jimmy.....Ford dealer. List price is about $13.38. Negotiate the price a little less. Dealer cost is about $8.00.

Rodger.... Part number is SUM-890031. If you are interested, better act fact. It looks like it is a clearance item.

All the Summit one is essentially a relabled APC harness for less money then the APC one. The Summit one even comes in a package that says APC.

Tom

Rusty's price is $15.00/each when the list price is only $13.38? You are talking about the rear endlinks...right?

The number I have is 5L2Z-5K484-AB

Tom

Jimmy,

You might be better off making your own. Go to Autozone and get some endlinks there. Odds are, they will last longer since the bolt is a larger diameter then the OE ones.

Tom