Grille Guard, at last!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
Well, I finally picked up a grille guard like I wanted and at a reasonable price. I bought it off a local Explorer Forum member who removed it from his Sport. I'm not a real fan of the side/headlight sections so I left them off. I removed the big driving lights but will probably add a pair of "real" amber fogs and mount them low. I see much better in the rain @ night with ambers. No comments about old age!!

5dce9d40f0e1c2d31064b741869fdef0.jpg

3957c0936cb40b601830c578f4f1ec61.jpg

4ff6a8cc9263bfd621c572e36210c6c4.jpg

Very nice! Glad it finally worked out for you.

I have non-amber PIAA fogs I'm going to put on the brush guard low and to the outsides, probably. Do you know of a way to get good ambers to replace the factory fogs?

Jerry, they're mounted to the grille. I'll probably move them to the guard though.

Hugh, there are amber replacements on eBay. I considered amber bulbs but just don't thing they will project enough yellow to do what I want.

Here ya go Willie. Keep in mind I did not do much adjusting when I put these on. I just installed them for comparison.

f9ecff9c9dabee1e1339ef230d039db6.jpg

I have some spacers, for the rear, but have to swap an axle before I install them. Tires are big enough for me since I don't off-road.

My 4x4 IS lowered ya know!:supercool:

Last edited by a moderator: