Gun owners / Enthusiasts EDIT: Purchase made... Pics !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
I am 99% sure I am purchasing this... the price is well below normal cost and I like the action and features... ( It is new)

I got my Cary license a long time ago and had tons of rifles but thought it was time to get a pistol.

I do a lot of range/target shooting and wanted to upgrade to a pistol from the rifles. Plus the rental on the pistols by now I could have bought a new one 3 years ago... LOL

Thoughts ???

Thanks

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you Todd. Can't go wrong with Sig's

You are absolutley right. Sig is a fine general purpose handgun. I have fired them many times. Very reliable and a nice feel. The polymer grip is very secure. Enjoy.

Gerry

My dad was given a Sig 9mm as his service weapon when he joined up with the state a few years ago, and I know he's been happy with it.

I got his Beretta 9mm, so I was happy too. :D

Depending on how you dress it may be hard to conceal.. I know you are a little bigger than me, but I have trouble concealing my XD9 which is only a 4" barrel. Just something to consider.

edit: when I wear an untucked t-shirt in my cross breed supertuck holster.

Gavin, Read above..

Yeah, JD I thought about that, SO I am going to get the IWB or the CQC blackhawk with the SERPA II protection....

Thanks, I knew it was a good chioce...

Todd Z

Todd, why do you need to carry? thats an invitation to getting blown away, is you or them.

give the bad guys your keys, your wallet, your money, than walk away.

Todd,

I fly 5 days a week with my 229 (357) Sig. (12 round mag). I have 6 different holsters I wear / use based on the clothes I will wear for the trip. The most comfortable one is an inside the pants soft neoprene kind of thing. It has a clip that goes on the outside but my belt covers it pretty well. If you wear an untucked shirt, even better.. (Holster size is Size 15 for the 229 body and made by "Uncle Mike's and is call the SIDEKICK by the way).

The pic is not the exact holster, but very close to what I use.

Several of the guys have stepped down to the 239 (specialized with a 8 round mag) model as it is easier to conceal.

Both are of the 357 so we shoot all the same ammo. I love my Sig. I shot over 15,000 rounds through my first one. Had the spring replaced every 5000 rounds and totally rebuilt at 15,000 rounds.

Shoots like it is brand new. The 357 ammo is pretty expensive if you have to buy it on your own. Several of the guys have bought the 40 cal barrel for the gun as it fits perfectly and the ammo is MUCH cheaper.

I shoot 3 times a quarter and get an additional 500 rounds a quarter to shoot on my own. I really can't imagine the others shotting more than that but they do...

[Broken External Image]:

Todd,

Good for you. Taking a proactive approach in your personal safety is the way to be. A concealed gun is just that. A concealed gun. Nobody, but yourself, knows you are armed.

Of course, you went through the course and you know the laws.

Personally, I carry either a Ruger LCP or a Firestorm 380. The Ruger LCP is super easy to hide. The Firestorm is small enough to hide, yet large enough to grab on to. There is a 9mm out there that is as small as my LCP is, but it costs close to a grand.

I refuse to be a victim. I will stand up for my rights. If anyone want to try to hurt me, they will have the possibility of getting shot.

You might want to consider the Sig 250. That gun is a modular design that allows you to choose between, 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, or .45ACP.

Tom

A great choice. I have about 5000 rounds thru mine without a problem. If you didn't get the night sights, it's a must. Any armor can order them and press them on.

Kevin,

I will look more into that, I will not be carrying during the day to work and such, I will see what is comfortable for a guy my size for what I am using it for...

Bill,

Obviously you did not read my post..... I do a lot of target and range shooting...

Here in NY you have to have a carry permit to even OWN a pistol, Period. So I have to carry it concealed no matter where I go, thats the law...

During work and things I will not carry it, NOT allowed by my permit status.... Yes I can upgrade, But not now...

Tom,

Thanks, I saw the other ones there, they were a little more $$ and since I am getting a sweet deal I Cant pass it up...

Redfish,

They are already installed OEM.....

Thanks

Todd Z

Todd, nice piece. Look into a Crimson Trace Laser Grip. Like this one.

Here's one of mine.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Todd,

Now that I see grips mentioned, there are a few things to consider.

Many of the fancy, aka good looking, grips are made of a pretty hard plastic. More often than not, they do not offer a good grip in regards to being slippery. Especially if you are in a hurry or sweaty.

There are two things I would suggest to you.

Get rubberized grips and have tape installed along the front side of the grip.

It is not tape in the traditional sense, it is more like a thin strip of non-skid.

These two things will make a HUGE difference in how the gun feels in your hand and will aid big time in ensuring the weapon returns to a consistent point after shooting a round without you having to re-grip the weapon.

Basically, if will allow the weapon to return for the second site picture in a lesser time as compared to hard plastic grips.

That said, if you have monster hands, most any grip will work..

Nice picture Gary. Ha Ha:cool:

And just for Bill...They shoot you anyhow these days , so you might as well take a chance. If you have practiced enough and are good at it, then it might be the other guy down.

I always say: They might find me dead, but I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

Todd, had no Idea in your state you need a carry permit, to go to the range, even in kali we have no such laws.

Gotta love caymens Statement about being pro-active, the anti-gun folks love that attitude.

More fuel for the fire that will come.

Gotta love people that say: you will have to take my guns from my cold dead hands.

For those with registerd firearms, think about that attitude.

When the 2nd Amd is highly modified, within the next 8 yrs, you may get a call one day from the feds, Mr smith, we have on record that you have purchased a semi-auto AK 47, and two SKSs, you also according to our records,own 14 sporting arms.

We would like to come bye an will take the AK and the SKSs, you may keep the sporting arms.

You get all pissed off, are you going to barricade your house? due to your attitude a swat team shows up to take the above guns, after you change your underwear, you will gladly hand them over.Gauranteed.

For those Gun fanatics that have never been in the military, in an actual combat zone, where you are being shot at, and your returning fire.

Read the book generation Kill, by Evan Wright, this book is about soldiers in Iraq that were brought up killing people using video games in there youth, today thats the norm.

Kids today think nothing about killing another human because of what they play on the computer.Is all fun and games.until you are actually in a situation.

granted, at columbine Or V tech, had a student or teacher had been armed. perhaps things would have been better, maybe so maybe not.

I am a gun advocate (certain Guns), just cannot condone the entire populace of the U.S (300+ million people) carrying guns.JMO

Go for it Todd...Haven't tried one myself but I hear great things.

I agree 100% that not everyone has the common sense or is responsible enough to carry.

I also believe that the vast majority of people that carry would not whip out their firearm until the absolute last resort. Every class I've been in has preached that if you or someone else is not at risk of death or serious bodily injury, the firearm stays put. That includes letting someone rob you (depending on the situation) or leaving your house during a break in if possible. The purpose of concealed carry is that nobody knows...and people who carry generally do their best to avoid all confrontations, not start them. I believe it's only inviting trouble if you're looking for it.

There are plenty of sport guns that are just as powerful as AK's, SKS's, AR's, etc. They will try to ban them based on looks, which is too bad.

Respectively, of course

Latest posts