had to leave my new ride behind

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
left florida this morning and had to tuck the new addition in the garage :(

picked up my 88 fiero gt on monday and loved driving it. never drove one before until i purchased this one. i thought it was a nice little peppy/great handling ride for a 21 year old car.

the car is near mint with the rare beechwood leather.

i had a kid in his late teens ask me what kind of new car it was :lol:

some pics

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

How many miles on that beauty?

Looks brand new!

It isn't the model that catches fire is it?:lol:

Good luck with it.

Bud

Always a sweet ride and love the 80's GM interior.:D

My buddy had one back in '89 and man it was fun to drive. Till it caught fire and burned. Have fun and watch the rear wheels. Those cars really liked to cut loose and go sideways. (we did it mainly on purpose);)

thanks

very fun to drive.

appearance condition is not a 10 by far. imo a 7.0. bu then again i am o.c.d.

interior is 9.75 !

it has 96k and the previous owner took care. last year, he spent 8k at pontiac dealer on complete oem brakes, tranny work, a/c upgrade, and misc other.

stone,

true about the gm interior. :lol:

bill,

rims are from near post "new wave" :lol:

stats:

1/4 - high 12's, top speed 193 mph :lol::lol::lol:

more like 135hp, but light, maybe mid 15's :rolleyes:

i guess good for the era., but still very fun to drive

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new Fiasco...... LOL

Todd Z

Thank goodness GM finally stopped building interiors like that.... very cheesy... Smokey Yunick built a 4-banger Fiero into his Hot Vapor engine- 265hp and 65 mpg in the late 80's... That car, in concept form, was going to be called the GTO.... You don't see them around much ant more...

I must agree. Looks pretty bad arse. Kinda looks like that car from that movie, "The Wraith"....

Just gotta get a suit to match it now...

Almost bought one of those about 12 years ago. Always thought they were cool little buggers.

Probably wouldn't cost all that much to do a supercharged V6 or super charged V8 conversion.

mid engine 2 seater handles like a go cart.

i had a first year fiero "1984".

fun car but back to the shop for recalls and warranty work 23 times

finally got rid of it in 91 for $1500 not bad considering i paid $15000:wacko:

and i was glad to get that much for it.

Gary,

what you have is the best one they made, they finally got it right with

proprietary fiero only parts by 87/88 where my 84 had all chevette suspension

and many other shared parts. i think GM should have continued making it.

here it what i am currently using for a puddle jumper, got it for my son

as he gets his permit in May. like the Fiero it is a blast to drive

a75d3dc0f1dfc88e765a3ecb7ba2cd9c.jpg

I like the looks of the Fiero. Not a fan of the interior, but the exterior is sharp. Dump that V6 out of the back and go with a V8.

That would rock!

Tom

wp23n,

yes they do have their issue's.

have to watch for low oil pressure. but this one was just at pontiac lasy year for an 8k stock improvement. still does not mean it is problem free. have to keep an eye on everything.

tom,

prefer to keep it all stock. i was looking for one for about a year now, and this one hit the mark.

oh yea, a v-8 conversion would be awesome, but going to leave it alone.

Gary,

i didnt think they had the oiling issues in 87/88 im pretty sure they had all the

bugs worked out by then, i believe about the only thing you ned to keep an eye on is

head gaskets as the pontiac v6s did have a lot of issues with them.

by the looks of it i wouldnt even worry about them, the PO looks to have taken

very good care of it.

rich,

i was just reading a 3 year old article on them and they did mention the low oil pressure. not sure if it was for the 88.

to be honest, i know very little about these vehicles.nothing like doing my homework before getting one ! but i always wanted one.

on this one i purchased it from a fiero expert. he picked it up from the previous owner and did some minor refurb. (new headliner, windshield). he picks up good quality ones and does some minor refurbs and then sells. he also has a 3k one that is brand new !!

i purchased it almost 2 months ago, and was only able to pick it up last week. the seller is very honest and i trust that it should be ok. ( but nothing is concrete as it still is a 21 year old car )

the pass rear sail window could use replacement and it has a slight exhaust leak as the cat and muff elimanotors were done. just a quick weld should fix.

the seller called me and said if i wanted to sell it, call him first as he would buy it back.

i guess that is a good thing

Nice car. My best friend had an 88 GT and it was a fun car to cruise around in. They really packed that 6 cylinder into the back of that car, so working on anything was always frustrating. He drove it for years until someone ran into the side of it and it was going to cost more than the car to fix the damage, so he sold it.

Enjoy!

Latest posts