Hanging from your rear view mirror...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosary. After 7 years on the Trac, 5.5 living in NYC, 1.5 in NJ, I get a ticket for a rosary.

Okay, it was 2 rosaries, standard civilian issue, not even the 5 foot ones the top dog priests wear.

I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

Believe it or not, I am not one for using law suits as a stick.

But, even though frivolous, walk in and claim church and state, Freedom of Religion, etc. Have a little fun, especially if the goofball is going to ticket you for something that is, what, 1mm thick (the beads).

Do you all mean to tell me that nobody has one of those old cardboard pinetree deoderizors ????:lol::lol::lol:

...Rich

Years ago I had a Wiley Coyote figure with a hangman's noose made from a shoe string but now I just have a parking tag that says "IMPORTANT: REMOVE BEFORE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION" on the back side. Funny thing is, security won't let you in the parking lot if it is not displayed. :rolleyes:

Not in the Trac, got sucked into my hoodscoop outside elko nev, couple years back.

Am sorta attached to the little fella, name is Earl (long Dead)

Baby Calif condor I think.

[Broken External Image]:

I have nothing but my grandmother claims she was pulled over for having her handicapped placard on her mirror.

Dog tags are a little silly, if someone steals those they're pretty far along for getting your identity. Heck, someone with good eyes wouldn't even need to steal them. Didn't they tell you that in basic? Or was identity theft not an issue then? It was for me 14 years ago.

R1ch..

My dog tags aren't military issue and they certainly aren't personalized ;)

One is a Special Blend "First Chair to Last Call" bottle opener/dog tag and the other is a personalized dog tag one of my best friends had made a long time ago and it says. Hes not around anymore.

Special Blend is a snowboard company and I recieved it as one of many gifts from a snowboarding show my band played at a few years back.

but thanks for your concern :D:lol:

Ahh, well a lot of people don't think about that sometimes.

I want a set that says 'Behold, the pale horse and the man that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him' Revelation 6:08. But obviously I don't want them that bad because I've never ordered them.

Actually, the GPS is one of the main reasons people get pulled over.

air fresheners

oil change stickers

e-zpass tag

gps

edit: forgot about hood scoops.

Basically, the laws are pretty specific, but the police issue a ticket for anything in between you and the windshield, and say "obstruction of vision" and issue you a citation. I guess they figure most people won't bother fighting it and say "oh well, I did have x up there".

If you read the actual law, it is probably something like "thou shalt not have any non-transparent material upon thy windshield", which is what i'm arguing, there was nothing UPON my windshield. I'm sure the intent of the law was to prevent morons from driving while doing something stupid like having tinted windshield or snowed over windshield, or whatever. In fact, it usually accompanies, "must have working windshield cleaning device designed to be operated by driver from within vehicle."

So, me being one of those guys that always thought "this sort of thing never happens, cops are good people" happened to get a reality check that those DUI checkpoints aren't good to go through, even when you've done nothing wrong.

Pisses me off that this is the sort of thing that breeds mistrust between the public and law enforcement. As if there isn't enough seriously bad stuff that has happened between cops and civies, let's take those "we're out here for your safety" things and use them as fundraisers by becoming predatory on innocent people.

F'n cowards can't actually go out and find the morons who's driving skills make death reality on the roads, too bad good driving civilians seem to find them every mile or so.

What really pisses me off is that I found a decision where the courts let 2 guys go when they were caught with 5 pounds of weed, a few guns, $9K and some other crap in their car, because the search was illegal based on the officer's initial cause for stopping the vehicle. Incompetant police work put 2 bad guys back on the street. Reason he stopped the vehicle? "On foot patrol, I observed that the driver's vision was obstructed by a little tree air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror."

Every time a cop does something this stupid, they should make him or her go on patrol without a sidearm for a week. It might stress the importance of public opinion and infuse the principles of courtesy, professionalism, and respect. If they want to play around like children, treat them like little kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts