Hauling campers w/ST.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
I have been reading posts here and on rv,net about what people are hauling with their STs and have gotten some misinformed info like the ST can't haul anything, even a light pop-up (bukkstuff).

Anyway, I was thumbing through the August Trailer Live magazine and they had a mini-spot on the 2006 and how it is slightly longer and wider and may have biggger engine.

So if TL spotlights it, why do people knock it for hauling?

can I ask what is your name in rv.net? I go there everyday and just wanted to be able to say hi over there.

Dale

you should know by now to not listen to everything the wieght police say. lol

Dale

I tow a Rockwood Roo 23B hybrid travel trailer. I use a weight-distribution hitch/anti-sway bar tow package. My ST tows it very well, so I don't know where these people are getting their info.

[Broken External Image]:

Take a look at the 23B or 23SS. The slide-out makes a world of difference in interior room. The 23SS is a new model for 2006. If they would've had it last year, I'd have purchased it instead of the 23B.

Otherwise, we've been very happy with our Roo. No major problems with it. A few minor ones that were fixed under warranty. If you buy one, spend $100 to get the Forest River One-Year warranty extended for another year. With he few minor things I've had to have fixed, it's paid for itself.

We tow a Jayco Kiwi 21 (now called the Jay Feather) Hybrid.

When we tow it w/ the Trac we know it is back there.

We preferred towing it w/ the F-150, but the Kiwi was bought based on the tow rating of the ST.

Not sure but Ed may have a picture in our library.

Popups definitly are not a problem to tow w/ the Trac.

Laura

There is a picture of our ST w/ the camper listed as

IMG_0275.jpg

3/15/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
I go by giffhorn.

I used to use my standard name of Caymen, but I posted message asking what my fathers old camper was worth and the gestapo there deleted my user account because I was asking what it was worth and where I can get book values. They claimed I was trying to sell it on the board.

Scumbags!

Tom

Latest posts