have a question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom ringler

Reaction score
i just installed some 20" tires on my sport trac. and now i have a vibration as soon as i hit 45 mph or higher. a local hop said i need inner tierods and upper ball joints. what i have found out is the uppers need to be changed with the arms. is this true and what would you guys do

Are your new wheels hubcentric? If not get a set of hub ring adapters. if the wheels are not hubcentric and the lugs are torqued down improperly the wheels can be off center slightly.

about the upper ball joints, yes replacement requires replacing the upper a-arm. you will also probably need eccentric alignment spacers if upper arms need to be replaced.

The original UCA ball joints cannot be replaced separately, both arms must be changed.

Passenger side will be either one piece design with new bushings or a two piece with caster

adjustment but without bushings, your choice. Both arm designs will require camber kits.

If the inner tie rods are worn, they must be replaced for proper alignment. Links below.

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/_pdf_en1/MOOG_PS_Bulletin_27045_Ford_Truck_Control_Arms_En.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: