Have we become too dependant on computers?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Broken External Image]:

Not sure... Do you think I need MORE?

I have upgraded since this picture.. and have added a few more computers too..

I have all CRT right now.. All 21" SUN Microsystem CRTs. I like the color for doing Graphic and Video work.

Havent found a LCD that has the color a CRT does at a decent price. but they are getting close now..

besides.. most of what you see has been repaired by me. and handme downs from others upgrading..

I love tearing stuff apart and fixing it..

CRTs are awesome--how is anything High Voltage related not--but the eystrain and size got them veto'd by me.

Those computers look ancient--those cases look like you raided a high school's dumpster after they had a PC upgrade. You did retrofit 'em, right? ;)

Is one of those an old HP Pavilion? Does that sticker say Designed for Win98? :unsure:

CRTs are awesome--how is anything High Voltage related not--but the eystrain and size got them veto'd by me.

Those computers look ancient--those cases look like you raided a high school's dumpster after they had a PC upgrade. You did retrofit 'em, right?

Is one of those an old HP Pavilion? Does that sticker say Designed for Win98?

they were all given to be by co workers..

Most have been upgraded to Gateway E series now..

Sal A.

Was it necessary to have MySportTrac.com page open on the very left screen.

Never really noticed that.. but it is where I spent alot of time..

Sal, the money you spend on electricity to run all that dinosaur gear would probably pay for all new stuff in six months.

A couple of 24" LCDs running from a dual 1GB dual DVI video card oughta do it... :)

I know.. but its so much fun restoring..

and I was not going to upgrade when I am moving to Denmark on the 10th of Nov.

i will get new Stuff then.. Hopefully have a KVM to Dual Monitors for all the laptops. deal with Desktops after I become Permanent..

Sal,

Trust me. You want to buy your upgrades in the US. Prices in the EU are about double what you will pay in the US. Almost everything now is dual-voltage, so you only have to buy adapter plugs to hook everything up.

Can only bring so much on the plane..

when I move my stuff I plan on getting the upgrades here..

And pack up a container..

Thanks for the advice..

Latest posts