Headiner Problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCH Cruisin

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm having a problem and hope you can give me some advice. The front of my headliner is separating (coming unglued?) from the backing right where the headliner meets the window molding. There's 2 spots, both right behind the sun visors where the fabric is loose from the front edge. I guess it needs to be re glued in some fashion but I'd hate to screw it up.

Any suggestions? Oh, it's a 2007 with a tan interior.

Thanks.

They make an adhesive spray for that exact problem, I've seen it in @ least Pep Boy's. Might try AutoZone, Advance , O'Reilly's or NAPA too. I'm not sure what stores are available to you in CA.

It is made by 3M and is called Super 77. I have used it for many years and is a great spray adhesive. I have used it on headliners before (black ones, so not sure if it shows through lighter colored ones or not) and I also use ti to carpet speaker boxes after I have built them.

I also had an '07 Limited with tan interior....my headliner did the exact same thing.

If it is a small sag you might be able to repair it with headliner glue, and maybe it won't look to bad.

I waited to long (mine sagged over a foot across and 4-5 inches back) and I tried to glue it and screwed it up.

Everything I've read said it was almost impossible to repair a sagging headliner...has to be replaced.....(maybe an upholstery pro can fix it)

Never did get it replaced or fixed and eventually traded it for a '12 Explorer and later bought an '03 Trac.

Thanks everyone for the help. Fortunately there's no leaks or rust. I'm guessing it's just the sun baking it - we get a lot here. Even with sun shades in place, that spot is still exposed.

There are a couple of well respected auto upholstery shops in my area. Maybe the best thing to do is take a drive by and let one of them fix it...I'd hate to do something to permanently screw it up. Even though it's an 07 it's only got 45k miles on it and I plan on keeping it forever; well hopefully anyway!

John