Heading home from Branson, MO

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Heading home in the AM. Spent vacation in Branson, MO.

Here are my thoughts.

Chinese Acrobats...Good show! Very entertaining!

Kirby Vanburch...That guy is irritating. Glad we won the tickets and did not pay for the show. I would have been upset.

Country Tonite with Collin Raye. Very well done. A big fan of Collin Raye, just wish the show was more about Collin Raye and less about the partly talented dancers.

Jim Stafford Show. AWESOME!!! So funny and well done. I really enjoyed it. Great time!!! Can't stress it enough. A must see show!

Showboat Branson Bell, lunch cruise. Food was good, but not great. The show was mediocre. Nothing really good, but not bad.

Ride the ducks. Interesting. It is really cool to ride in a retired military amphibius vehicle. Drive the city of Branson and then drive right into Table Rock Lake and go for a boat ride.

What I didn't like.

I know I live in the USA. I know it is the greatest country on earth. I know God saves those that seek him. I know these things. I am not going to a church service at the end of each show. I paid to be entertained. I did not pay to get a sermon. Give it a break.

Overall, I had a great time. The highlight of the trip was meeting fellow member "New Chad". Very nice guy! I thought getting to see his chickens was something I have never seen before. He made us feel very welcomed. I thank him for that.

Tom

Kewl deal you got to meet another member! So like you Caymen...;)

I hear ya about Branson...Some good, some so so, some I'd rather not.

More importently though; you've made it thus far without maming any of your travel participants, may you do the same on the return trip!!!!

I'm glad to hear you and the family had a good vacation. Be safe driving home and get some rest from all your vacationing, I know how tiring that can be. Need a vacation from your vacation.:banana:

Caymen said:
Chinese Acrobats...Good show! Very entertaining!

Supporting offshoring and outsourcing now...jeez! ;) (just kidding)

Caymen also said:
I know I live in the USA. I know it is the greatest country on earth. I know God saves those that seek him. I know these things. I am not going to a church service at the end of each show. I paid to be entertained. I did not pay to get a sermon. Give it a break.

Welcome to the midwest. Same is true in much of the south. The more south, and central in this country you go seems the worse it gets, with the exception of metro areas and high tourist/influx areas. Florida is less Bible-thumping then Georgia, for example. Had a friend who moved from Pompano to Atlanta area and his friends joked that he was moviing "north to the deep south".

That's what Obama was talking about with his Guns and Gods comment.

It is annoying and a little scary to much of the rest of the country because those that are clinging seem to be getting just a little nuttier with each generation.

(go ahead, flame away)

TJR

It is annoying and a little scary to much of the rest of the country because those that are clinging seem to be getting just a little nuttier with each generation.

I was talking to a guy at a returaunt yesterday about this "bible belt". He said, the majrity of those that go off on this little spew at the end of a show is either gay, or go both ways. He said it is what draws the cround and not so much what the individuals really believe...

Too funny.

Tom

I wouldn't take anything for the 5 trips we made taking my parents to Branson, 3 summer trips & twice @ Thanksgiving for the start of their Christmas shows. Dad died in 2003 @ age 69. And I live in Nashville,TN [ Mucic City USA], born & raised here too. And worked @ Opryland USA through HS & College.

We have a time-share condo in Branson so we go over there at least twice a year. 4 hours drive.

Not much of a fan of the shows, but I've been to a few.

We mainly go to shop and rest.

Silver Dollar City at Christmas time is one of coolest places on earth.

The Dolly Parton owned Horse Show and Feed is very cool.

Be sure to allow an extra hour for the traffic. It's brutal at times.

thanks for the well documented trip. when is the documentry coming out ?

don't forget the rest stop updates :lol:

j/k, good to know you had a nice trip :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom.

We really enjoyed meeting you also.

I regret you didn't get to go to Silver Dollar City, we were there today.

If anybody else is in the area post it so we can meet up.

And Tom, if you want to come back, you are welcome to park the camper here,

just be prepared to shoot some trap next time.

new chad

That is right, we did not make it to Silver Dollar City. We really wanted to, but just had too much going on. We wanted to dedicate one day to go there, but never had one full day to get there. Just too much going on.

Tom

Tom,

It made it through this economy, so it should be here when you get back.

And if the date works out right we might have some free passes for you.

Thanks again for fitting a meet in.

new Chad

Chad,

I really enjoyed meeting you. It find it really sad that we live in different parts of this country, yet we have met face to face and we have members here that refuse to get together.

Tom

Latest posts