Headlight Comparo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant 1

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

So headlight went out in my trac, and I need opinions.

Silverstar ultra or GE nighthawk?

Also, I'm pretty sure the number is 9007. Anyone know otherwise?

Brant

Haha I just noticed this guy!! :fire::fire:

Im happy with the ST-ultras. I had a report at one time about the night hawks. The report favered them. Maybe someone with nighthawks will chime in.

You can get a $10 rebate on ultras right now.

Silverstar Ultra all the way. So much better than the normal bulbs. Pop some in the fogs, whether normal fogs or the other bulb that is far brighter (it's a bright headlight bulb) in for even greater illumination. I did, and there is a huge difference.

I had GE Nighthawks on my 92 lesabre, and I was not impressed at all.

I like the Silverstars, but they seem to burn out quicker than normal bulbs. They are nice though, better than stock IMHO.

SilverStars and SilverStar Ultras are great. I ran a pair of 9007 SilverStars in my Trac four about four years with no problems 'til the Ultras came out. I then removed the SilverStars, installed the Ultras in my Trac, and then installed the now five-year old SilverStar 9007 bulbs in my E450 Class C motorhome. They're still goin' strong!:banana::supercool::haveabeer:

Sweet, thanks for the opinion everyone, will get some Ultras for the headlights and fogs this weekend!!

:haveabeer:

Best $31.00 safety upgrade I ever spent. (Amazon w/ rebate & free S/S shipping)

Can't comment on the GE Nighthawk lamps. With a 99% approval rating, no regrets.

Durability and longevity? Only time will tell. Simply amazing.

Latest posts