Headlight Switch Bulb is Still Available (and cruise switch bulb info too)!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
It would seem we've had a rash of dash light failures recently. Dawn's got one dash light out behind the tach, then one behind the HVAC controls, then I noticed when applying the parking brake in my friend's steep driveway the BRAKE warning light on the dash is burnt out.

We've also had the right cruise switch light out and the headlight switch out for some time.

So, knowing I was going to get into the dash and replace the failed #194s (actually, going to replace all bulbs at once) I researched the cruise and headlight switch replacements. First I thought I was going to have to solder an LED or buy a bulb from an electronics store, but I have a really good friend that can research parts for me at his Ford dealership.

Low and behold, the cruise switch DOES have a replaceble bulb and it is available under PN E5RY-13466-BA. I should have taken photos or made a project out of it, but I was in a hurry. I'll probably replace the other switch's bulb too soon so I'll take pics then.

The headlight switch bulb is still available (though I've read elsewhere it was obsolete). The headlight switch bulb is PN F87Z-13B765-DA. The first one I got the package was open and taped shut with the wrong bulb in the package. The second one they picked up for me was correct.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of the more standard parts replacement type owners that don't want to fret with LEDS, soldering, etc. and just want to plug the stock bulb back in.

Mark

Great info Mark. On a whim I pulled that part # and searched on google. First hit I got was the link below. Shows part #s for fog, cruise and headlight

How do you access the headlight swtich bulb? Mines out and been out for sometime but just left it alone thinking it was too involved.

Big Al...

It's not complicated at all...

You can use the first half of this member project to access it:

Last edited by a moderator: