Headlight switch illumination?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Barker

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the headlight switch on my 2002 ST should be illuminated. I think the one on my 1998 Explorer was. If it should be illuminated, does anyone know how hard it is to change the bulb, and what bulb number/type it is?

Thanks

I actually took the whole switch out yesterday. There is a bulb in it, it just isn't replaceable. Kind of stupid, but I'm not going to spend $50 for a new switch for the bulb to burn out in another 2 years.

James I may be able to get the switch cheaper, Let em know IF you want me to look into it...

ALSO I think some one here soldered off the old bulb and replaced it..

Todd Z

I have, in my possession, one headlight bulb. I was at a U-Pull-It some time ago, and snagged them from every Explorer that I came across. Over time, I gave most away--but have one left. First responder gets it. It produces the green light (most new Explorers), not blue (like older Explorers). I cannot guarantee it works, but--free is worth a shot in my opinion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff--

You're lucky--you got yourself a new bulb. After further looking, it IS a replaceable part (I completely forgot I had it in the glove box--I've had this since the 1996 Explorer and it made the glove box transfer along with some lithium hitch grease, some marker lamp bulbs, and some overhead console bumbs). The part has a manufactured on date of 05/01/00. I cannot guarantee it works, or that Ford still sells this under this part number, but it is worth a shot. The ST is covered under a $0 deductible extended till 100,000, and I know that dealers (or, at least mine) includes the switch bulb/switch itself under the warranty, no matter now many times it burns out. So, introduce this to the Volant, see if they missed each other, and enjoy it.

what bulb number/type it is

Others--

Ask your dealer if they can get you:

Ford Part # F87Z-13B765-DA "BULB"

See:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

As I said, this was manufactured on May 1, 2000. I have no idea if they still sell this part. I must have carried this with me for --at least-- five years. I guess this what they call "new old stock."

Wait... wait... was I just right, and Todd wrong? :lol: Just joking, tough guy.

Adam,

First of all I offered to get the part, At which Time I would have found out the bulb was replaceable and just ordered like 10 of them...

Second I said
" ALSO I think some one here soldered off the old bulb and replaced it..

So, I never SAID that is was not Replaceable..

Todd Z

So, if I am reading correctly...

First of all I offered to get the part, At which Time I would have found out the bulb was replaceable and just ordered like 10 of them...

The knowledge is all knowing, all encompassing, and that which is not known, will be known, so that there is nothing not known?

Just joking, tough guy.

I need to send one of these your way:

[Broken External Image]:

Again--I am just joking, breaking your marbles, etc. We're all aware of your authoritah. :cool: