heated seat buttons

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p eddy

Reaction score
My heated seat buttons are driving me crazy! All summer, I've been somehow bumping them and turning them on as I get inot the Trac - and there's nothing worse than a HEATED seat on a 90 degree day.

I'm going to at least do the indicator project that ties an LED light into the heated seat line and mounts it by the heat/ac/vent controls (http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/SeatHeatLight/seatheatlight.html). But this has got me thinking....couldn't you modify this a bit and add a push-button/indicator near these front controls?

Has any one considered or tried this? Interested in your ideas/responses.

One of these days, I'm gonna drive into a tree as I peek down the side of my seat trying to see if the light is on.....

thanks.

pe

Ah, the good 'ol seat-heat button issue. You are not alone, pe. In fact, I believe someone has done a project on exactly what you want to do. Ah, here it is, click on the link below...

Right, right. That's the project I was referring to.

My question is, why not just make that LED indicator a pushbutton/indicator. I know you can pick those up at Radio Shack. Then you either remove or disable the button on the side of the seats. Seems possible.

pe

Could just remove the switch for the summer months... Or install another switch under the seat to turn off power to the heat switch..

Todd Z

There is another project were you don't have to remove the seats. Simply pop out the button and then you can tie in your LED indicator light. This is the project I will be doing as soon as I complete my 5 other projects for the ST lying on my dining room table collecting dust.:(

what about installing a rocker switch or flush mount push button in place of the factory button. It seems to me, if you could just put a button in that is low profile that would eliminate the accidental turning on of the warmers

just an idea!

On of mine had the face ripped off when my 73 year old father in law slide out of my truck.

Where can I get a new button??? And which fuse controls the seat heaters? If there is nothing else on the circuit I'll wire the control and indicator from there.

Wow...I thought it was just my big butt hitting the button. At least I feel a little normal now! Seems like there should be an easier way than removing the seats (etc.) though...

Could we not take the indicator light project one step further, and take the whole

push-button assembly out and relocate it to the dash, somewhere?!?

My guess is that there is a relay mounted somewhere else, in the dash or fuse box, so

that there should be no high-amp draw wires under the seat, anywhere, at least not

connected to the push-button switch itself.

I'm thinking like a stereo HU or speaker adapter wire harness for an aftermarket

stereo. Just run a wire harness ,adapted for the heated seat switch wiring

configuration, under the floor, kick-panels, and up to the dash to where we decide

to mount the switch!

The cover for the switch idea is a good one, but how would we get it to stay

in place?

Latest posts