Heated Seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beals

Reaction score
Putting this msg in off topic...I have the ST, my wife drives an 06 Ford Freestyle. She has leather seats and always complains about them being cold. I have tried buying covers that are heated and they have not been sufficient (dont stay in place, too ugly, etc.) Can a seat heater be installed as an aftermarket or can I buy a heated driver seat to replace hers? I am not at all informed on this topic (obviously) so any info is appreciated.

I appreciate the reply. That is similar to what I have tried before. On the leather seats they slide around, and are a bit of an eyesore.

My mom has a 2006 freestyle and it is the limited with AWD and all the bells and whistles on it. It has heated seats so I'm sure that you have the ability to switch out seats, the only thing would be that it has buttons built into the dash area for them. I believe that there is also aftermarket things out there but I don't know how well they work.

Ok, here's another idea. Although, I think the labor for installation might be a bit expensive, especially if your seats have airbags in them.

Be careful of cheap kits...you get what you pay for. I have used kits form these guys before adn they are very good. I would suggest having an upholstery shop install the heaters into the seats though if you haven't done seat work before.