Hello guys and girls, Just wanted to say thanks!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've been around here for a while but I've not posted due to other sponsors and site rules.

First off I do want to say that I dont wish to compete nor condone any current or previous sponsors. I know Wayne and have raced and hung out with him for years. Also I've order parts from FPN a few times too and they are both great guys and companies. I will not answer any posts to the nature of why my tunes or thiers are better or anything comparing my business to theirs in a negative way.

Next, I wanted to give you some information on my background with the Sport trac and the 4.0 V6 engine in general. I've been working with the 4.0's since early 93' starting with the OHV and progressed into the SOHC when they were introduced in 97'. I'm a Ford tech or used to be at a local dealer. I've supercharged more 4.0's then most people have seen. I was in the August issue of MM&FF in my latest 4.0 creation an 88 ranger Gt with a 4.0 swap with a Paxton S/C.

My ties with the Explorer's and ST's run deep with Explorer Express as well. I started dealing with them in the early 2000's and when I started my tuning business I helped them get their tuning straight with their X-charger kits. In short, I've not blown any 4.0's up with the X-charger, nor do I hope to, hahahaa. I was in the 4-Wheeler magazine issue earlier this year when I flew out to San Jose to tune two X-charger's at JBA's tuning facility. Every X-charger comes with BamaChips tuning, even the new kits for the 4.0 Mustang's.

With the new 4.6's in the ST's, starting in 07' models, I've been tuning now for more then 5 months. Well, through in a few 06 4.6 Explorer's but the ST's is the same thing as far as the engine tuning. I've carried over my findings from the Mustang V8 market into this tuning as I truly work to help remove any bit of throttle delay. I've also been working with SCT in developement of their transmission tuning for these as it is still not available just yet. I will kep everyone posted when it is and I will retune your files if you've already purchased tuning or X-cals from me.

I do fully support my customers from the time of sale on, no cut off date. Now please I do ask that you take into consideration that these aren't my only vehicles I work with. But if you email me I will answer your emails. This past week I was in California with Explorer Express finalizing the tuning on their kits for the 4.0 Mustangs and emails have backed up on me but I'm getting to each and everyone.

Feel free to call me at 205-302-0231 from 9am-6:30pm central during the week and from 9am-3pm on Saturdays. This is my fulltime job now and I've recently purchased my own mobile dynojet dyno so maybe at next years meet I can bring it along?

I gotta run now, got emails but thank you for the warm welcome and I hope to help anyone who needs it.

Thanks, Doug.

[email protected]

Hey Doug,

Thank you for stepping up to the plate and helping us out !!!!!

Will be dealing with you shortly !!!

Todd Z

Yes, I do tunes for the X-1 and the X-2 and as I dont have the older software on my new PC anymore to still tune the 9100 Microtuners I can still export files in a format that if you still have a programming cable then you can load them.

Hey Todd,

I'd love to give you tune another shot, send me an email....

Thanks, Doug.

Welcome to the site.

I have an Xcal and tunes I bought from Wayne and I am happy with the performance. I know you don't want to say yours are better or anything like that but is there an advantage of buying a tune from you? Maybe you know some tricks to squeeze out even better performance?

George

Doug,

Welcome!

Being new to the the chip market, what would I have to order from your site in order to get a single 87 octane tune and the ability to go back to stock when necessary? ('07 ST currently on order). I would be looking for a tune that improves mileage without hurting HP/Torque. Of course any HP/Torque gains would be welcome! Likewise, a tune that improved HP/Torque without hurting mileage would be a consideration. Also the throttle feel and, eventually, any shift quality improvements, would be nice. Thanks.

Doug.... I Still have the 9100 :(:(:(:(

Hi,

PRM

If you already have a X-cal then I can email you new tunes for it and you can upload them to your X-cal using the Liveload software. Now if not then you would need to purchase an X-calibrator, the only device that works on the new 150-pin PCM's, and then you can upload the new tunes and return it to stock at anytime. My X-cal's come with your choice of three different tunes so you could possible get a 87 Performance, 87 Milage and then even an 89 Torque to help with your daily driving. Unfortunatly I cannot write an 87 Torque tune as there just isn't enough adjustment with it to make that style tune.

George C.

I'm not going to compare my tuning to anyone elses mainly because I've not tried it against them nor do I wish to make any negative feelings towards anyone. All I can say is that with my tunes you get years of experience towards the 4.0 and now even the 4.6 with my 05' Roush, as well as some great automatic tunes that I've been working on for the past two years.

Todd Z.

I can still export XTR. files and as long as you have the Programming cable to upload them to your 9100 I can send them to you. I just dont have the programming cable anymore as I sold it to a desprite customer. Truly I haven't had much in the way of reprogramming 9100's so that's the reason I sold it to him too. So just let me know.

Bob

The BamaChips X-calibrators are $399 plus $10 shipping making them $409. This is only for the X-2 as this is all SCT sales anymore. This is the same price to anyone in Canada as well. Sure you maybe able to get them for $20 cheaper elsewhere but you won't get my tuning or experience with the base SCT tune files.

Also, there use to be a quirk in the 4.0 SCT tuning files that would cause a CEL to come on and show Rich and Lean codes, this quirk still comes up on some vehicles today but I ensure that is right on all of my files before they leave. I'm sure Wayne knew about it as well but if you've not done much with the 4.0's then you'd not know about it. Nothing bad for the engine mind you but who wants to run around with a CEL on?

Thanks, Doug.