Hello Trac-ers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampTrac

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hey everyone. New member here, but lurker since May, when i got my 2002 xst 4x4. This forum has already helped me numerous times, so thanks much for the help. Im the second owner; when i purchased it the truck had 153000 miles. No issues except for a pesky oil leak (rear main), and i think it might be leaking a little transmission fluid too. Otherwise a great truck. Easy to drive and park. Im using it for mostly commuting, but i do occasionally venture onto fields and gravel roads. Im hoping to take it to the beach and camp next year.
Heres a list of mods so far:
Found an oem tonneau cover at a junkyard that looks like new
Painted my wiper arms
Put new foam in the drivers seat
Painted my tow hooks red because why not
Put plastic restorer on my cladding and bumpers
Ammo can console
Led interior lights
Tailgate light bar
4x4 decals
Painted my front interior door handles
255/70R/16 Falken Wildpeak HT
Cut to fit rubber floor mats (not perfect, but still better than that carpet)
1 inch tt (needs another .5)
...and a bunch of other little things I cant remember :)

20231105_161426.jpg

Very good lookin SportTrac!
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.
Closeup pics of your mods+fixes are sure to be appreciated.

Welcome from another newbie. I second the motion for pics of your mods. I'd like to see the ammo can console.

Thanks for the welcome! Ill post some more pictures for yall later today. rwbenner, thats what I like to hear :) I hope mine hangs in for that long.

handsome truck, very nice..

also interested in details of that ammo can console.. my console bag got stolen, now I have a random assortment of ballcaps and other junk that mostly falls out and disappears under the seats..

Ok heres some pics of my console. I also had the notorious bag console, and after suffering with it for a few months Id had enough. Id seen some folks replacing theirs with explorer consoles, but i didnt really care for those either. After some thinking, I came up with this. I love it. Its made of three cans--all normal size. The front one acts as a cup holder (I also mounted my phone holder on it), and the two in the back are the arm rest and storage. I made the bottom can face the rear for backseat access. I should mention that when the bottom can opens it lifts the top can with it (thus the space between the front and back cans). The amount of storage is incredible. Its pretty self explanatory but if anyones interested I can put a how-to in the projects section.
20231218_121448 (2).jpg
20231218_121344.jpg
20231218_121317.jpg
20231218_121309.jpg

Its pretty self explanatory but if anyones interested I can put a how-to in the projects section.
YES please! Agree the "girly bag" console is not space efficient or functional for me either.
Been a while since a "new" project was added. You'll be the first in a long time. Thanks!

BTW, where do you source the "cans"? eBay, military friend, etc.

Ill try to work on a how-to tomorrow. I got my ammo cans from an jarhead friend who has a hoard of them :) Since i live in NC, theres no shortage of military surplus. Probably the cheapest way to get them otherwise is ebay or fb marketplace. Scrapyards sometimes have them as well...

Welcome to the site.

@SwampTrac

No rush. It's just nice to see some new "life" here. Thanks for your contributions to this forum.

Latest posts