Help bring the ford t6 to north america

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im a Ford guy with a Ranger and ST. This probably won't help but can't hurt. Let's make it happen this truck looks good and it's almost a ST.

http://www.change.org/petitions/view/bring_the_t6_ford_ranger_to_the_us

Ford appears to believe that Americans will accept the F150 in substitution for a smaller truck and that we will accept 22-23 MPG in a 5400lb truck for our needs.

Wow, their F150 weighs more than the ST and gets ridiculously better mileage. :grin:

Not too crazy about the Edge styling as it has an asiatic truck look to it, but I wouldn't mind 30 mpg in a truck.

Though the petition says that I pledge to buy one, and that won't be happening with ANY new vehicle in the foreseeable future. Used, sure, but that doesn't motivate Ford as much.

What I find amusing is that the geniuses at Ford think the compact pickup is declining, yet the Tacoma is buzzing along! I seriously considered the Tacoma, but only purchased the ST because I was so fond of my 1994 Ranger and decided to stick with Ford. If they made a crew cab Ranger it would have saved me a lot of time in car lots, I would have just went straight to Ford to begin with and upgraded to the crew cab!

What I find amusing is that the geniuses at Ford think the compact pickup is declining, yet the Tacoma is buzzing along!

Is it buzzing long or is it struggling? Do you know the exact sales numbers of the Tacoma from today and 10 years ago?

Tom

I read the article and am confused....what 5400lb truck is getting 22-23 mpg? I would gladly accept 22-23 mpg in my ST today as an alternative to the 16-18 I currently get.

I read the article and am confused....what 5400lb truck is getting 22-23 mpg? I would gladly accept 22-23 mpg in my ST today as an alternative to the 16-18 I currently get.

I know I would too. :boohoo:

This is the second pro-ST article on here in a week that unfortunately is loaded with bogus information. Bogus info brings down an otherwise good cause. :smack:

Ford is estimating fuel mileage in the low to mid 20's for the new engines for the 2011 F150. I'll believe it when I see it, and I work for a Ford dealer!

Maybe if they had put EcoBoost and whatnot in the ST, it wouldn't have dwindled to 2% of the market. We'll never know. But we'll know that they should have, as vehicle enthusiasts.

Anyhow, if the new F150 is to get mid-20 mpg, what is the Ranger in the link above rated?

Honestly, if the F150 DOES get this new MPG, which annihilates that of my ST, I'm going to be very pissed. No other way to say it with the same conviction.

Since it looks just like the 2011 Explorer, I would assume that it shares much as the Ranger and Sport Trac have in the past.

Maybe if they had put EcoBoost and whatnot in the ST, it wouldn't have dwindled to 2% of the market.

Compact trucks have 2% of the market, NOT the Sport Trac. In other words, America no longer wants compact trucks.

Tom

Small trucks have their market and someone will continue to sell them, it just wont' be Ford. Chevy will only sell about 15,000 Corvettes this year, don't see them running away...

Compact trucks have 2% of the market, NOT the Sport Trac. In other words, America no longer wants compact trucks.

Not sure if it's Americans not wanting them or they are less available. Plus the pricing difference is so small between them that people decide they are getting a better bang for their buck with the larger vehicle even though the smaller one actually fits their needs better.

Chevy will only sell about 15,000 Corvettes this year, don't see them running away...

Yea, but they make bookoo bucks per vehicle sold. If Ford made 10 million per Sport Trac sold, they would be happy selling just one a month.

Point is that compact trucks cost too close to make whet they sell for. For a few bucks more, you can buy a full size truck that gets about the MPG's and has more room. Who wouldn't buy one? I don't care if it fits in my garage. My toys are in my garage. My Trac is parked outside.

When the new ST came out, I knew I would never buy another one.

My next truck will be an F-150 SuperCrew. It would never be a Ranger. Too small and too little interior room. I know, I know, same dashboard, but my father has a Ranger and it is cramped in the front seat. The Trac has more room in the front seat.

With small trucks only 2% of the market, it doesn't make financial sense to even build one and I think other makers will follow suit.

Tom

Latest posts