Help buying Tires????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking at buying new rubber for my 04 TRAC just before the winter.

Now I live in Toronto Canada and honestly I don't want to have to buy Winter Tires and Summer Tires....

So I am looking for a very good All Season Tire that has a quiet Tread and handles well in all weather...

Can anyone offer some help with this?

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. I've driven mine in 12-inches of snow, ice, mud, sand, and normal highway driving, and they have never let me down. :rolleyes:

[Broken External Image]:

If you want to jump up to an A/T tire, I would suggest the Toyo Open Country A/T. I live in Calgary, Alberta and I loved those tires on the ST. They did great in snow, mud and on the highway. I don't recall them being any louder then my Goodyear RT/S tires.

Another alternative to the great REVOs if you don't do any mudding is the BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A. Excellent on the street/highway, excellent in snow, ice, and rain. Long wearing, smooth, quiet.

fairly cheep 50000 mile tire slight tire noise not loud at all remington mud brute they do well in mud do not know about snow

[Broken External Image]:

You might try Michelin Cross Terrain ,I put them on ayear ago & am well pleased,last winter easily made it up to top of 16000ft Volcano in Mexico, good traction all the way engine running out of air the only problem, they will not be good in mud, run very quite as you expect from Mr Michelin

the michelins are good, at least for two winters, i would try a set of wrangler GS-A's... had these on my aerostar... excellent in winter, and very quiet...

Just a note, a MUD tire will NOT be good in snow. If you get an A/T tire with sipes (the open country has these, not sure about others) they will be good in snow. A straight mud tire is almost like a slick in winter conditions.

Gavin..

if you go off road with them, then i guess you'd get stuck. as far as on the highway, through the snow, and slop, i was pushing snow with my bumper on my 2wd aerostar... they go pretty good, and are quiet..

JMHO

I love my Bridgestone REVO's. Great in snow and not at all noisy. I know other people with the less aggressive regular Bridgestone A/T's and I'm told they do well in snow and rain also.

Latest posts