HELP HELP HID!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flavio montes

Reaction score
Hello, Right Now. I Am About To Install Hid Lights. Question is. Where Do I Locate The Headlight Harness? If I Need To Be Specific , I Will Do So. Just Need Help On Locating It.?

The kits I have done in the past used the actual harness that comes off the back of the stock headlight bulb. That should be plugged into the ballast, then you should be running the ground and 12v source to the battery and ground location. Then hook up the hid bulb to the ballast.

Okay. But there is just only one that comes with the kit. that is the the ground high and low beam wires that i plug into a blue adapter. so i should just install it on the driver side harness?

depending the kit you connect the ballast to each other and use one headlight bulb socket to signal the ballast to turn on

Junior, the wiring can be cable tied to any of the existing bundles that run across in front of the radiator. You can drill in the relays on the radiator support. The ballasts can go on the inner fender just behind each headlight. It sounds like you have only one ballast? Any relays? I went through a half dozen different sets because I was trying to save a few bucks. When it comes to this stuff, you get what you pay for! I've told many here to go to www.retrosolutionsllc.com. Their kits are the best I've found and the cost is reasonable($40-$50 bucks more than the cheapo's) Good luck man, Bob

Latest posts