HELP!!!Horn & cruise control don't work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replace the horn relay?... After my alarm went off for couple mins, now my

horn doesn't work. After checking the fuse and replacing it, the problem still is unsolved.

Well if it's not the fuse... what else could it be. any help:unsure:

If memory serves me correct, there are actually two fuses for this system. I think one has to do with a relay or something like that. Check the fuses under the hood as well.

Also, tilt the steering wheel. There is a wire harness in there that is just a bit short and pulls the pins apart in certain locations. It normally affect the brake and tail lights. However, it may need power from that specific circuit for the Horn and cruise.

Try adjusting your steering column down. The wiring harness sometimes isn't long enough, and if you lower the steering wheel, it sometimes "fixes" issues like this.

Everything works like i had stated that after my alarm went of for about 3min 2 day later the horn stop working .and if i try to actavate the alarm the horn doesnt work and i did check the wire and both fuses only thing i can think is relay but how do i go about changing it