Help! I need a part i can't figure out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Trax

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently just had everything go wrong with my truck. Long story short, I've had to rebuild my engine with new timing chain kit, along with my transmission. All of this happened one after the other. Now, the problem I have is an EVAP leak, so the mechanic does a smoke test and determined after plugging it in the EVAP service port, it is leaking smoke (in the picture with arrow) at the tube of the EVAP service port, so does anyone know what kind of tube I need to replace this? The EVAP Service port runs to the VMV (Vapor management valve) Ford seems to sell a vacuum tube but it's very expensive ($125). Any cheap vendors? A link with the part number to rockauto parts, ebay or oreilly auto could help me out alot.

How long is this tube?

Finally I have a technical question. During the smoke test a second site where smoke was found was at the evaporative emission canister, since the canister vent solenoid stayed open, then is this normal to see venting take place??

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is the preformed hose from the Evap solenoid, to the motor. You can use any hose made for fuel. Ford just makes it pretty by preforming it. The pic shows where it connects, to the motor.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts