Help!! I need some heat :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat Deegan

Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently, I just installed a body lift on my 01' ST and put everything back together (i think). Everything works great, EXCEPT my heater. When I turn the temp. knob all the way to red zone, I dont get any heat :( This is the worse time to break down cuz winter is coming. How can I fix this problem without taking it to the dealer?

Thanks

Mat

Look under the hood at the heater hoses, There is a "pot" controller in the line fed with a vacuum hose, Maybe that fell off during the lift causing the valve not to open allowing the antifreeze to flow in the heater core...

Todd Z

Did it work right before you put the lift on? If it's the first time you've tried to use it, then you could have a stuck thermostat. (of course that is if the Z-man isn't right:D);)

I would replace the thermostat it seems everytime I do something to my truck something else breaks, I changed my trans fluid and my starter when out go figure The t stat cheap and while replacing it if it was trapped air you could get it out.

Also, just as an aside, make sure you're not on "Max A/C". I've turned mine all the way to heat before with it on Max, and 15 minutes later it was still blowing cold. As soon as I moved it off max a/c, instant heat.

Latest posts